Song I done

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Song I done

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:29 pm

This isn't super new or anything, but I don't know if I ever shared it. It isn't technically finished, so that's why I haven't maybe.

Anyway, my kids just told me that they like it. Max Max said I should write another song like it, which I probably should. I plan to do a bunch of stuff like this under the name Keep An Eye On The Sky fairly soon.

Tension, Apprehension and Dissension Has Begun
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Song I done

Post by sal paradise » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am

I like this. It’s catchy & the relentless beat pushed through the 5 minutes without it feeling long.

What did you use for the drums?
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Song I done

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 am

sal paradise wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am
I like this. It’s catchy & the relentless beat pushed through the 5 minutes without it feeling long.

What did you use for the drums?
Thank you. So, the drums would have been made using Drummer in Logic at first.

Been a while since I did it, but I seem to recall that I exported the resulting MIDI to a BFD 3 track.

And then I also exported the MIDI to Rob Papen's wonderful Punch software, which is where I got that very low almost 808 type kick drum on there.

Not sure if I kept any of the original Drummer sounds in there or not, I love Drummer (it's the only thing that keeps me on the Mac platform), but the sounds often aren't overwhelming. But I do know that I would have mixed in the acoustic samples and the synthetic ones on this one, I do a fair amount of that.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.