The Descendents new cd out!!!! read below

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

The Descendents new cd out!!!! read below

Post by budda12ax7 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:25 pm

I just go this mailed to me today.....these are songs written before Milo Goes To College and and and.........

FUCK...5 of the songs sound like they come from Milo Goes To College...just so amazing. The great thing is the under produced sound. Sort of almost lofi...so it sounds very close to MGTC. a few songs on this have be released on some boots and and ep, but, but, but....you can hear the love and care this was recorded with....the bass (TONY) just rips and rips. I think (at least to me) they used some period correct gear. Stephan was not using his shitty Ernie Ball guitar....sound like an SG into a Marshall....just like Frank did.

Overall this sounds like Early Social Distortion mixed with Early Adolescents....
Checkout Vicious Circle and Middle Class...two bands from the South Bay that were peers of the Descendents.

Get this and cry a little of all those lost years.....those lost girls/guys....the lost time....reflect on your life and then go for ALL.

I love you all
budda12ax7

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Descendents new cd out!!!! read below

Post by whitewatersky » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:58 pm

cool - was wondering what this will be like. funny you comment on his Ernie Ball - I've always thought his sound is like early 90s EVH !!! (awesome !)