Hendrix Live Maui....just because.

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hendrix Live Maui....just because.

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:28 am

FrankRay wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:39 am
Larry Mal wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:21 am
If you want to see a real end of the road performance, check out a drunk and tired Jim Morrison limping his way through a song he clearly was well past wanting to sing here.
That's funny, they sound great to me. I love the way they're just four guys playing together, tight, no stage show, no grandstanding.... quite awesome. I guess it's just a marmite thing.
The band plays well in it, it's just Jim Morrison that seems out of it. He seems very tired, he probably was, he seems a little drunk, he probably was, and at this point in the man's life his pop stardom had worn thin and it's said that he really wasn't into being a singer in a rock band all that much and that's what it looks like to me.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

FrankRay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hendrix Live Maui....just because.

Post by FrankRay » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:32 am

Comes together at the end; he starts screaming pretty convincingly. If you can make it through 12 minutes of noodle.

It’s often said he hated the instrumental bits. I could see why, just standing there.

Incidentally I checked the set list, and they played four tracks off the first album and one from the second in a seven song set. Odd. Almost like they knew that only the first two records were flat out great, and the rest just coast.

Sorry to indulge my doors love. Still a fanboy.