Broadcast, retrofuturist pop & hauntological pop; megaguide.

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Broadcast, retrofuturist pop & hauntological pop; megaguide.

Post by shadowplay » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:44 am

shadowplay wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 am
NickD wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:54 am
The label should be punished somehow for calling them coloured vinyls, but that is a tempting set.
I forgive them that as they are English as a second language.

I really do love the early PCA material so this is a dream come true for me.

Btw PCA; you get like 90% of the music files when you order, it's just missing some of disc five.

D
After a very long delay due to a printing error they are due to be delivered next week. I tell you I better not be charged by customs since these were actually bought in early November and should have been delivered mid December.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:45 am

Just a heads up if anyone's interested - there's now a vinyl release of Black Channels' Two Knocks For Yes available from their bandcamp page.

Bess be quick - if yer no' fast, yer last!

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:03 am

Our old friend Shadowplay would have alerted us to this long ago, but in a meagre attempt to carry a small torch/flashlight version of his music lighthouse, Warped Records has re-released some fairly rare Broadcast recordings. As I am old and out of touch and was never all that in touch previously, I had no idea this stuff was out there.

This album, Mother Is The Milky Way for example. :?

Man, this is so fucking good.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:28 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:03 am
Our old friend Shadowplay would have alerted us to this long ago, but in a meagre attempt to carry a small torch/flashlight version of his music lighthouse, Warped Records has re-released some fairly rare Broadcast recordings. As I am old and out of touch and was never all that in touch previously, I had no idea this stuff was out there.

Yeah, I'm hoping these aren't a very limited release as I haven't been into Monorail to grab any yet. Looks like an expensive weekend ahead if they still have copies of all three.

blacktiger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blacktiger » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:18 pm

Jaguar018 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:03 am

Yup, Mother was previously a tour-only CD, so were the Microtronics volumes - there were three 3” mini-CDs. The new reissue is volumes 1 & 2. The Maida Vale Sessions (aka Peel Sessions) have never been released before (not officially, at least). I have the original Microtronics mini-CDs, and honestly, I’m not crazy enough about them to buy the vinyl, but I might pop for the (full size) CD for the convenience of it. I already grabbed the other two, and they are well worth the money if you’re a Broadcast fan. The only down side is that my OG Mother tour CD probably took a dive in value, but I was never going to sell it anyway.
Thread killer