fOXX Wa & Volume

Everyone needs a stompbox.
burker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

fOXX Wa & Volume

Post by burker » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 am

I picked up one of these a while back, sorta a funky wah pedal with different sounds available through a 4 (or is it 5? hard to tell....) way rotary switch,  anyone know anything about it?

I think it sounds pretty cool. definitley different than my vox wah.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Re: fOXX Wa & Volume

Post by Orang Goreng » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:46 pm

If I'm not mistaken, FOXX was brand name used by Shin-Ei and there's a lot of stuff around that's identical but can have either of those names. I have a Shin-Ei fuzz-wah myself.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:39 pm

There's a review in this month's Guitarist (i think, I'll get back to you about that) of the new Foxx reissues. They got really great reviews.

Did you get one of the felt-covered ones?
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

regimentle
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by regimentle » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:14 am

The Foxx Tone Machine is one of my favorite distortion pedals.  I've meant to get one of these Wahs but to be honest, it'd just be out of trusting the company, not because I actually need one.

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:16 am

regimentle wrote: The Foxx Tone Machine is one of my favorite distortion pedals.  I've meant to get one of these Wahs but to be honest, it'd just be out of trusting the company, not because I actually need one.
Danelectro make a good copy of the fOXX Tone Machine, apparently one of the heads at Danelectro invented it. It's not covered in fur though, and I guess that's worth the price difference.
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:26 am

FireAarro wrote:
regimentle wrote: The Foxx Tone Machine is one of my favorite distortion pedals.  I've meant to get one of these Wahs but to be honest, it'd just be out of trusting the company, not because I actually need one.
Danelectro make a good copy of the fOXX Tone Machine, apparently one of the heads at Danelectro invented it. It's not covered in fur though, and I guess that's worth the price difference.
The French Toast is a wikkid octave fuzz and you're right that the guy who owns Danelectro now is the same guy that invented all of FOXX's stuff.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.