Malekko Heavy Industry

Everyone needs a stompbox.
i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Malekko Heavy Industry

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:34 am

Anybody own any of their stuff? I have been wanting one of the B:assmasters for a while now. They're based on the old Maestro Brassmasters which aren't too common. It is made with bass in mind, but seems to work real well with guitar too based on feedback I have heard from other people and from sound samples. New, the normal silicon version is $255.

I also saw a while back where were making a 600ms analog delay. Now on their site it shows another 600ms AD that is voiced to be brighter (they compare it to an AD900). They say the "dark" version is voiced more like a Boss DM-2. They also have two more, voiced the same way, which are 300ms. The prices are really fair IMO. I LOVE my old Maxon AD80, but sometimes it would be nice to have a more similar sound but with more delay time (the stock AD80 seems to be around 300ms or so). I think I am going to try one of these out. They have some other features too like a switchable buffered/ true bypass option. The 600ms versions are $245 each.

Justin
Last edited by i love sharin foo on Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A death’s head ring upon his finger

Stereordinary
Expat
Expat

Re: Malekko Heavy Industry

Post by Stereordinary » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:02 pm

Man, those are good prices.  I wish I could get me some.
Rhoney Guitars, 2010-2017, 2024

like children
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by like children » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:15 pm

I know I've seen a B:ASSMASTER in some ones pedalboard here. I have had my eye thes things for a few months now and I can some up my thoughts on them in two words, TAX RETURN!
"Only a punk slaps a woman and kicks a dog!"

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:40 pm

like children wrote: TAX RETURN!
hehe!

I just snagged a used E600 delay on eBay a couple hours ago for $199. I'll post back about it after it gets here  :? I also read about some other stuff that they have coming out real soon. I can't wait to find out more. There was an article posted from an Austin newspaper that mentioned them. I found it on Google.

Justin

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 pm

nice grab.. the 600 is mine in a few weeks, be sure to report back on how you like it. I think I'll love it based on the clips

they're working on the Ekko 1200 which will be 1200ms (analog) and offer a bunch of other features.. can't wait for that one  :?

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:56 pm

daydreamdelay wrote:
they're working on the Ekko 1200 which will be 1200ms (analog) and offer a bunch of other features.. can't wait for that one  :?
Oh shit!!

Any idea at all what the other features will be?? Based on the clips, I too think this is going to be a great delay  :? I can't wait till it gets here.

Justin

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:13 pm

yeah it reminds me a lot of the DOD 680 and Boss DM-2 based on the clips.. I love that dark fuzz delay, especially the ones with the ability to oscillate just below the surface and explode with the turn of the dial... haha can you tell I've got big hopes for this one  :D

I'm sure the bright version will sell like crazy too.. he's selling a few blems for $200

I forgot to mention the Ekko 300, he talks about it and the other two in this post on Haunting Mids..

Ok, The E1200 is a BIG project that is still in the (early) design stages. I'm not the engineer for it, all i'm doing is telling tim (the engineer) what features i want. I will say There will be 1200msec delay time...will it be too much for a BBD delay?...HECK yes! this is going to be an experimentalists delay. With TONS of modulation (maybe even modualtion modulating modulation)  tap tempo and a few tricks yet to be mentioned that, to my knowledge have never been done on a delay...digital or analog! CV, and expression for just about everything...this may even CAUSE cancer.

This wont be out for quite a wile, I'm at the mercy of another person this time...and to be honest, i'd like a delay break after the E300 comes out.
The E300 is a brighter snappier stripped down version of the E600. I really do listen to everyone here. As you may remember i WAS going to do two versions of the E600 normal and dark...what a pain that would have been..

War of ghosts forced me to make an "espresso" dark E600 and it just worked...it's not TOO dark but it IS on the dark side of an analog delay. The repeats are THICK THICK THICK. this is what i decided to keep as the production E600. The attack is softened to make it repeat for a long time and keep going

erksin suggested that the attack may be TOO slow (for slapback..which is what he would use it for) DING! here's a perfect way to make most people happy, do an E300, that the repeats are brighter, and punchier...and make it only 300msec....90% of people will only run it mono so take off the stereo jack and the toggle for it...keep the true bypass/buffer toggle because i think that's important, keep the internal gain trim so you can match your specific setup without a boost or drop..or set it up for a boost or drop if you choose to.
same enclosure except it's sorta a mustard yellow metalflake and keep the price low...185.00
The prototype has been made and i'm waiting for overlays and enclosures...it will only be available through our website, to keep cost down we cant wholesale it to retailers...it'll be out soon

then it's 4 pedals that ARENT delays that i'm very excited about, one of which is on our website...THEN the E1200.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Oh man, I can't wait to see it and the other pedals. I used to look around at Haunting Mids but my account was deleted because I didn't post enough I guess. Like HC, it is the kind of place where I'd rather just read the posts and learn and not post too much. Oh well I guess. At least we have the effects section here (don't tell anyone, but it's my favorite part of the board  :D ). But anyway, I am curious as to when the 600 I got was made. From what he posted (and a few posts I dug up on HC), the earliest ones are not quite as dark as the newest ones. Is that right? I had a DM-3 for a while which I thought was kinda bright  ??? At least when compared to the long setting on the Moog and also the AD80. I am real curious to see where this one fits in. It is definitely a real nice price for a modern, current production 600ms analog delay. I love the small enclosure too.

Justin

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Oh goodie, this pedal sounds superb! WANT!

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:58 pm

don't know what they sound like, but those are some cool graphics!
sleeping on a bed of fuzz and feedback

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:56 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote: don't know what they sound like, but those are some cool graphics!
http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/ind ... ck#echo600

inscho

Post by inscho » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:25 pm

josh is a regular poster over at Haunting Mids...his pedals are top notch. I have an E600 Bright on the way right now.  :-*

tremolite
Expat
Expat

Post by tremolite » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Wow those are seriously cool and VERY reasonably priced. Thanks for this post!
Pedal Pusher

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:53 am

I've been thinking for about a year or so that there was a niche in the market for a small box DM-2 clone without too much fanciness attached, and I think he's well and truly filled it.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

inscho

Post by inscho » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 pm

i love sharin foo wrote: Oh man, I can't wait to see it and the other pedals. I used to look around at Haunting Mids but my account was deleted because I didn't post enough I guess. Like HC, it is the kind of place where I'd rather just read the posts and learn and not post too much. Oh well I guess. At least we have the effects section here (don't tell anyone, but it's my favorite part of the board  :D ). But anyway, I am curious as to when the 600 I got was made. From what he posted (and a few posts I dug up on HC), the earliest ones are not quite as dark as the newest ones. Is that right? I had a DM-3 for a while which I thought was kinda bright  ??? At least when compared to the long setting on the Moog and also the AD80. I am real curious to see where this one fits in. It is definitely a real nice price for a modern, current production 600ms analog delay. I love the small enclosure too.

Justin
hey justin, sorry your account was nixed....you can re-register. you only have to post once every 30 days to keep your account.  ;D