So I saw MUSE last night....

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Sonic Youthz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: So I saw MUSE last night....

Post by Sonic Youthz » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:18 am

For some odd reason they just make me think of Depeche Mode more than Radiohead.  :-\ I don't know why?

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17 pm

I saw them (MUSE) play back in 2001 in Moscow. They were headlining the Russian edition of NME's special launch concert... Very strange experience watching a Rock N' Roll show with hundreds of mad-looking armed policemen looking at you and standing every 10 feet in the whole arena....  ???

I'm no big fan, but I admit their energy on stage was good and the concert was flawless. I remember being very surprised at how young they looked (the singer looked like he was 13 years old... no kidding.)...

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 am

Manson guitar demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ022eXOK2Q&NR=1

Hmm, some of that stuff is actually kind of interesting.  Whether you absolutely need a Kaoss pad in the guitar to accomplish it, I don't know.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

El Pr0n
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by El Pr0n » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:30 pm

Does he really have the bad *in* his guitar for anything other than show? It looks cool when the lights are out, nuff said, right? It could be on a stand or something, but the show would lose a certain something when he walks over to his rack stuff at the back of the stage to do his fancy effects bits. I think, anyway  :P
There is no problem so bad that you can't make it worse.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm

El Pr0n wrote: Does he really have the bad *in* his guitar for anything other than show? It looks cool when the lights are out, nuff said, right? It could be on a stand or something, but the show would lose a certain something when he walks over to his rack stuff at the back of the stage to do his fancy effects bits. I think, anyway  :P
No, he used the Pad quite a bit actually.  He would scrape/rub his pick across it to manipulate the effects.  The Kaos-Pad-on-guitar is like the new hi-tech whammy bar.  It's like a marriage of a floyd rose & an effects unit with an expression pedal so-to-speak.  BUT... NO ONE can do it but him now.  Well, you never know, Jack White gets away with the Whammy Pedal...  even though some people like my Drummer still say that it sounds like sloppy Rage Against The Machine.
I'm surprised Steve Vai doesn't have a Kaoss Pad guitar yet...  I'm sticking to my Les Paul & Jazzmaster as they are :)

m0n0mania
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by m0n0mania » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:26 pm

Beck's guitarist had one made years ago http://www.mjguitar.com/customshop.html
I saw Matt Bellamy play a part on his pad like a theramin, doubling a vocal line, can't remember which tune tho
Of course there are a whole bunch of Mattalikies coming up now, building all his mods into their guitars. Still, sounds better than the next crop of Clapton clones I spose...

kuel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kuel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 am

Arrr, forgot they were coming to Aus... missed out on ga tix - only lousy elevated seats left