Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: your effects setup?

Post by i love sharin foo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:03 pm

zhivago wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 am
In all these years, I think this is the biggest board that I've ever seen you use.... love it! Those old DC-2s are really great, aren't they? I love mine. It is nice in this strange way to just push a button and that's what you get. No knobs, no time wasting. Just turn it on and run with it. I recently acquired an old BF-2 Flanger too and it actually does great chorus tones as well. After so many years of always looking to improve my old favorites, I am starting to return to them.. old Rats, Sovtek Big Muff, a lot of Boss stuff, etc. I've got nothing to prove. If it sounds right, then it is right! I am starting to amass a small Boss collection even, all MIJ where possible. I'm up to 7 so far with a few more that I really want.
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:06 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:03 pm
zhivago wrote:
In all these years, I think this is the biggest board that I've ever seen you use.... love it! Those old DC-2s are really great, aren't they? I love mine. It is nice in this strange way to just push a button and that's what you get. No knobs, no time wasting. Just turn it on and run with it. I recently acquired an old BF-2 Flanger too and it actually does great chorus tones as well. After so many years of always looking to improve my old favorites, I am starting to return to them.. old Rats, Sovtek Big Muff, a lot of Boss stuff, etc. I've got nothing to prove. If it sounds right, then it is right! I am starting to amass a small Boss collection even, all MIJ where possible. I'm up to 7 so far with a few more that I really want.
It definitely is out of character for me going this big! :D :D :D :D

This board is used exclusively for the band/project I am in...if I am playing unrelated band music it's usually Guitar > Klon > Matchless. :)

The DC2 is such a cool little pedal...all four presets just work...sometimes I think preset 1 is my favourite, other times preset 3...then 1..then 4...I change all the time!

The old MIJ Boss pedals really are something, and the prices reflect that too...I am also really, really liking the Rat...after spending literally thousands on boutique stuff, it seems the Rat is just as good or better..and the one in the photo is a stock Chinese one I bought with Amazon vouchers given to me last Christmas by family.

You are 100000% right...if it sounds right, then it is right! 8)
Resident Spartan.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:02 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:03 pm
zhivago wrote:
I built this all-Boss (almost all MIJ) board back in March for fun. It was quite a nice challenge to source all the models.

The PH1 was super super early (1978!) and I ended up selling it for quite the sum of money
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:59 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:02 am

I built this all-Boss (almost all MIJ) board back in March for fun. It was quite a nice challenge to source all the models.

The PH1 was super super early (1978!) and I ended up selling it for quite the sum of money
That is a great board!!! I always had this notion that Boss was too "generic" for what I wanted. I've finally began to listen with my EARS :D Unfortunately though, the older Boss stuff is selling for more than it ever has, so it's not the cheaper route anymore. I have a few right now that are at the top of my list: HM-2, PS-2, VB-2, DD-2. I have owned all of those at least once before with the exception of the VB-2... I've never had one of those... YET.

Here's my little collection so far:

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:16 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:59 am
johnnysomersett wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:02 am

That is a great board!!! I always had this notion that Boss was too "generic" for what I wanted. I've finally began to listen with my EARS :D Unfortunately though, the older Boss stuff is selling for more than it ever has, so it's not the cheaper route anymore. I have a few right now that are at the top of my list: HM-2, PS-2, VB-2, DD-2. I have owned all of those at least once before with the exception of the VB-2... I've never had one of those... YET.

Here's my little collection so far:

I was the same for many many years then came to the realisation that, hey, if it's good enough for Prince, then it'd be good enough for me 😂

The VB2, I actually sold mine on and bought one of the Wazacraft ones for half what I got for the OG. It actually sounds better (less noise) to my ears and is way easier on the wallet! It doesn't have the allure of having the 'real deal' for sure but I realised I'm more of a player than a collector.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:42 am

Updated. Again. :fp:

...trying to streamline a board I can carry to rehearsal rooms...

Resident Spartan.

natthu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by natthu » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:48 am

I have been wrestling with the layout of this board for the past few days (I hate wasted space). I think I've finally got it.
I've mounted a patch bay and Power Supply (Eventide PowerFactor) underneath. Each of the six effects gets it's own isolated power, the tuner and Expressionator will share the seventh outlet, Just need to make some cables and wire it up now.
(the fact the pedals I chose from my collection for this board have a blue theme going on is entirely down to coincidence).

Planned Signal Chain:
Emerson EM-Drive Mach 2 -> Pinebox Custom Siren -> EHX HOG2 -> EQD Avalanche Run -> Dr Scientist Atmosphere -> Montreal Assembly Count To 5

The HOG2, Atmosphere and Avalanche will each receive a signal from the Mission Engineering Expressionator. One of the Boss FV-500 pedals will be running the Expressionator, the other will be controlling the Count To 5. I'll probably run the Pedaltrain Tuner off the Direct out from the HOG2, I don't really want it in the signal chain.

shoule79
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shoule79 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:29 am

Love the Boss boards. Here's one of mine from about 5 years ago. I used this one for about 6 months, then swapped it around a bit to be a fully Boss board. I think I had a DD7 and DD6 instead of the Memory Man, added a PS3 as a modulation/weirdness pedal, and used an SD1 to replace one of the Blues Drivers.

Most recent picture of my board from January or so. I've replaced the Julia with a BF-2 and took off the Wet and added an RE-20. Still going back and forth on using either the Wet and a mini volume pedal or keeping the RE-20. Love it, but it takes up so much space.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 am

Okay, for your viewing pleasure is the latest mass of aural destruction that I've created. Excessive? Yes, it certainly is. But that was the point. It's three different boards. I'll post them in order of signal chain. The copper hammertoe pedal is a really wide range Rangemaster that I built and the Big Muff has a bubble font Sovtek circuit inside (I bought the enclosure empty years ago). The emphasis here is on delay and loops.

Jonesie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jonesie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:15 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 am
Okay, for your viewing pleasure is the latest mass of aural destruction that I've created. Excessive? Yes, it certainly is. But that was the point. It's three different boards. I'll post them in order of signal chain. The copper hammertoe pedal is a really wide range Rangemaster that I built and the Big Muff has a bubble font Sovtek circuit inside (I bought the enclosure empty years ago). The emphasis here is on delay and loops.

That Cheese Source tho.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:35 am

Refreshing to see some real world pedalboards with some breathing room between things.

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:25 pm

yeah i need space

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Its almost aesthetically balanced colour now so i had to take a bad photo to compensate.

Felt complete, re-ordered things again, then i started looking at boost/buffers/attenuators again oh no. I am currently using a DIY reamp as an attenuator for my amp without input gain and probably shouldnt.

It goes through stereo on the bottom row, one channel with AMTvx cln into PA. Other side via attenuator into Carlsboro stingray.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:30 am

There's more than a few I'd happily cherry-pick from each to put into one 'super ultimate fighter' board, but I understand the logic behind having them split like this.

The chaos manner in which they exist, however, makes me extremely uncomfortable 😂