PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: your effects setup?

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 am

...aaand my other band project's pedalboard

'78 Guild S300D into this...
(will now add a wah)

...and this into a '78 Orange OR120/Overdrive with a cheap 90s Marshall 4x12
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm

Here's where I am at currently...a couple of old friends re-appeared:

Resident Spartan.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:25 pm

zhivago wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm
Here's where I am at currently...a couple of old friends re-appeared:

Straightforward, beautiful & timeless. It even looks like it’ll sound wonderful.

How does the signal path go?
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:11 am

Hey thanks! :)

I am running some stuff in the FX loop of a Friedman Smallbox 50..so the signal goes:

Guitar > Pitchblack Mini > BJFE Model H > Klon Centaur > Junction box to front of amp
FX loop: Memory Man > ZVex Lofi Loop Junky > RV2
The Keeley mini true bypass looper has the Memory Man in it, just to bring it closer t me when I am playing sitting down.
And then you have the amp switcher that gives Plexi-ish channel, JCM800-ish channel, and real-high-gain-channel.

Looking back at this it sounds complex, but it really isn't...it's basically a board with a couple of levels of overdrive, analog delay, reverb and a looper.

8)
Resident Spartan.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:26 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:11 am
Hey thanks! :)

I am running some stuff in the FX loop of a Friedman Smallbox 50..so the signal goes:

Guitar > Pitchblack Mini > BJFE Model H > Klon Centaur > Junction box to front of amp
FX loop: Memory Man > ZVex Lofi Loop Junky > RV2
The Keeley mini true bypass looper has the Memory Man in it, just to bring it closer t me when I am playing sitting down.
And then you have the amp switcher that gives Plexi-ish channel, JCM800-ish channel, and real-high-gain-channel.

Looking back at this it sounds complex, but it really isn't...it's basically a board with a couple of levels of overdrive, analog delay, reverb and a looper.

8)
Sounds awesome. I love the idea of a junction box to tidily split the signals in a tidy manner.

How does the Model H sound into the amp at high gain? Another one of those pedals on my never-ending drive wishlist.

What kinda stuff do you play? It looks perfect for what I’m imagining to do: heavy rock with a single channel. But I know in reality that me & rolling back on volume is unlikely to end well in a live setting.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:31 am

The junction box definitely is a good move...mine's a Gigrig one..It think I bought it used for £40 or so if I remember correctly.

The Model H into a really distorted amp can get pretty mushy. I only use it into the Plexi channel, or into the Klon (again on the Plexi channel).,otherwise there is too much gain going into a dirtier sound. Even at its lowest drive setting the H still has overdrive to it, so it is never exactly clean. It is a muscular sound, especially as you with the gain up. Into a clean amp it has clarity and muscle and stacks well with other pedals. I've had mine for many years and it has only left my board for a month at a time here and there only to return again with a grin saying "I told you so". :D

I play all sorts of different kinds of music..it all depends on the mood I am in, but this setup delivers pretty well. The knobs are moved around too as well, depending on the guitar I using and what I am going for.
Resident Spartan.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:59 am
...aaand my other band project's pedalboard

'78 Guild S300D into this...
(will now add a wah)

...and this into a '78 Orange OR120/Overdrive with a cheap 90s Marshall 4x12
god every time someone posts a guild s300, i wonder why i don't own one.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:45 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am

Dude you absolutely should!!!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:46 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:45 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am

Dude you absolutely should!!!
i played one a few years ago that had dimarzio super distortions and it was a beast.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:51 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:31 am
The junction box definitely is a good move...mine's a Gigrig one..It think I bought it used for £40 or so if I remember correctly.

The Model H into a really distorted amp can get pretty mushy. I only use it into the Plexi channel, or into the Klon (again on the Plexi channel).,otherwise there is too much gain going into a dirtier sound. Even at its lowest drive setting the H still has overdrive to it, so it is never exactly clean. It is a muscular sound, especially as you with the gain up. Into a clean amp it has clarity and muscle and stacks well with other pedals. I've had mine for many years and it has only left my board for a month at a time here and there only to return again with a grin saying "I told you so". :D

I play all sorts of different kinds of music..it all depends on the mood I am in, but this setup delivers pretty well. The knobs are moved around too as well, depending on the guitar I using and what I am going for.
It’s pretty much the perfect type of setup for my tastes. Didn’t realise the smallbox was 2 channel, makes it even more attractive in my book. Your dedication to boutique equipment is awe-inducing. Not even going to mention your taste in guitars :?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:27 am

sal paradise wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:51 am
zhivago wrote:

It’s pretty much the perfect type of setup for my tastes. Didn’t realise the smallbox was 2 channel, makes it even more attractive in my book. Your dedication to boutique equipment is awe-inducing. Not even going to mention your taste in guitars :?
Heheheh...it's the only benefit really of being middle-aged...by this point I've amassed some cool stuff. Been trading up since I was a teenager...I bought my first old guitar in 1995 (a 1974 or so sunburst Mustang), and it's been downhill ever since! :D

The Smallbox 50 I have is the "Wildwood" (or in the UK "Peach Guitars") edition that has the boost third channel. The normal SBs have only two channels. :)
Resident Spartan.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:41 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:27 am
sal paradise wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:51 am
zhivago wrote:

Heheheh...it's the only benefit really of being middle-aged...by this point I've amassed some cool stuff. Been trading up since I was a teenager...I bought my first old guitar in 1995 (a 1974 or so sunburst Mustang), and it's been downhill ever since! :D

The Smallbox 50 I have is the "Wildwood" (or in the UK "Peach Guitars") edition that has the boost third channel. The normal SBs have only two channels. :)
3 channels? Crikey. I’ll have to check out some videos of that version.

I often went to Denmark Street from the late 90s in the hope that I’d find a cool vintage lefty. The one mustang I did find was £2k. Luckily that was a few years before some idiot gave me a credit card.

Owl
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Owl » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm

Hi,
I never had a proper pedalboard until now... so here it is kind of organized. I play at home mostly tuned CGDGCD impro lofi :)
What strikes me most is that the sound got much better with the use of decent power supply... clarity and dust/space and grunt. Does it mean a thing?

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:10 pm

Owl wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm
Hi,
I never had a proper pedalboard until now... so here it is kind of organized. I play at home mostly tuned CGDGCD impro lofi :)
What strikes me most is that the sound got much better with the use of decent power supply... clarity and dust/space and grunt. Does it mean a thing?

Cool setup! I have that same version of the White Atom. Great pedal.

Yeah, when I finally bought a decent power supply I immediately wondered what took me so long.

Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lobsterdeth » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:39 pm

pedals are dumb fuckin' money sink goddamn
Love and hate were in the air like pollen from a flower.
--------------------------------------------------
https://shutupjam.bandcamp.com/