Re: your effects setup?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
tdksa90
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdksa90 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 am

I’ve been messing around with my setup this week, but this is where I’m at currently. I’d like to add a Walrus Julia to the mix very soon.

It’s messy because I haven’t put everything back yet….

My Music: https://keithhanlon.bandcamp.com/

Gavanti
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gavanti » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:53 am

After lugging a board based on a PT Novo 24 to practice, I decided I needed something lighter and smaller for practice/gigs, so that was my summer project. In my band, I cover lead and ambient work, but I figured I could try to size down to a small Mono board. Initially, I thought I would base the board around dirt, an HX Stomp, and a midi controller. The Stomp was really flexible and sounded good for many of the applications, but I kept losing interest in playing it vs. just messing around with the controls. But it helped teach me how to use midi presets, which were really useful with other pedals. After several versions, this one made it to practice last night and worked well for the most part—everything sounding right and accessible. It probably needs a few more tweaks to the presets, and I'm still trying to decide between the Longsword and a Halberd v2. Generally I prefer the Halberd's responsiveness, but they can be made tonally similar enough live that it will likely come down to whether I want the gain staging on the Longsword.

Chain: Tuner>Hosta wah>HP2>Pitchfork (in loop)>PastFX CE (in loop)>Longsword>Volume>NuX Tape Echo>Dark World>Condor (as eq/boost/filter/tremolo)

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:46 pm

Rehearsal today, recording next weekend

...it all goes, as usual, into a HH V-S Musician head with an old Sound City 4x12 with Celestion 50w speakers (can't remember the name/model)
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

bea
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bea » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:54 pm

can't fit a tuner here argh

Fozzie Guillen
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fozzie Guillen » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:05 pm

Gavanti wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:53 am
After lugging a board based on a PT Novo 24 to practice, I decided I needed something lighter and smaller for practice/gigs, so that was my summer project. In my band, I cover lead and ambient work, but I figured I could try to size down to a small Mono board. Initially, I thought I would base the board around dirt, an HX Stomp, and a midi controller. The Stomp was really flexible and sounded good for many of the applications, but I kept losing interest in playing it vs. just messing around with the controls. But it helped teach me how to use midi presets, which were really useful with other pedals. After several versions, this one made it to practice last night and worked well for the most part—everything sounding right and accessible. It probably needs a few more tweaks to the presets, and I'm still trying to decide between the Longsword and a Halberd v2. Generally I prefer the Halberd's responsiveness, but they can be made tonally similar enough live that it will likely come down to whether I want the gain staging on the Longsword.

Chain: Tuner>Hosta wah>HP2>Pitchfork (in loop)>PastFX CE (in loop)>Longsword>Volume>NuX Tape Echo>Dark World>Condor (as eq/boost/filter/tremolo)
How do you like that NuX Tape Echo? Any particular reason you chose that over one of the Boss (or other) options? Been considering one or another.

Gavanti
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gavanti » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:20 am

Fozzie Guillen wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:05 pm
How do you like that NuX Tape Echo? Any particular reason you chose that over one of the Boss (or other) options? Been considering one or another.
I like the Tape Echo fine. I chose it because it seemed like the best option in terms of size, functionality, and price. I'd put my RE-20 on there if I could fit it. I love the way it cuts through but has those lightly modulated repeat trails that form a kind of sonic foundation to everything. The NuX trails don't really sound the same, but its modulation is still interesting. From the reviews, it didn't sound like either of the new Boss options get any closer to the RE-20 on that score (and the 202 is just too big anyway). Maybe that's because all the new ones are closer to a real Space Echo—I don't know. My one real issue with the NuX is that I haven't been able to sort out midi control other than tap tempo. I will probably try out one of the new El Capistans at some point. I had a Volante on my main board for a bit before I decided that I really wanted the RE-20 on my main board, and I could see the El Cap working here.

Also, Halberd wins (again). Between the HP-2 and the Condor I can pull off heavy enough sounds when I need them to let the Longsword go. One a one dirt pedal board though, Longsword would be king.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 am

bea wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:54 pm
can't fit a tuner here argh

Ernie Ball Volume/Tuner is your friend if you want something that doesn't have to sit on there and does the job. I love mine!

Otherwise -- headstock tuner?
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

bea
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by bea » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:13 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 am

Ernie Ball Volume/Tuner is your friend if you want something that doesn't have to sit on there and does the job. I love mine!

Otherwise -- headstock tuner?
those volume tuners look cool i might have to try one out,
meanwhile.. yeah i've been using a clip-on tuner but i very much prefer a pedal.
i can try to squeeze in a pitchblack mini or a polytune mini though.

maximee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by maximee » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:46 pm

Zork wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:48 pm

I've got the pedalboard running through the Roost amp with the 2x12" on the right.
Hey, cool to see another Roost! I still have one of those for restoration stashed away somewhere. Maybe I should go find it....

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 am

You should! It's a great amp.

welshywelsh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by welshywelsh » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:48 am

This is my current setup. Was a fair bit of Tetris required for it all to fit, but I like limiting my space, rather than buying a bigger board.

I've got a stereo patch box underneath that the looper goes out to, so amp cables run into side of board for ease and gives me my stereo setup.

I use the Klon as clean boost and the Westwood for mid gain. Black Ash is in the EUNA loop so fuzz is unaffected by buffers, so EUNA is pretty much always on.

CE-2 is from 1982, if that makes any difference.

Midi cable goes into Timeline from laptop running Ableton and Infinity looper slaves off that so everything is sync'd to click when I play live.
Last edited by welshywelsh on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:14 am

welshywelsh wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:48 am

This is my current setup. Was a fair bit of Tetris required for it all to fit, but I like limiting my space, rather than buying a bigger board.

I've got a stereo patch box underneath which looper goes out to, so amp cables run into side of board for ease and gives me my stereo setup.

I use the Klon as clean boost and the Westwood for mid gain. Black Ash is in the EUNA loop so fuzz is unaffected by buffers, so EUNA is pretty much always on.

Midi cable goes into Timeline and Infinity looper slaves off that so everything is sync'd to click when I play live.
westwood AND a KTR?
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:45 am

That is one amazing looking board, and some awesome pedals on there :?
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

welshywelsh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by welshywelsh » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:11 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:14 am
welshywelsh wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:48 am

I've got a stereo patch box underneath which looper goes out to, so amp cables run into side of board for ease and gives me my stereo setup.

Midi cable goes into Timeline and Infinity looper slaves off that so everything is sync'd to click when I play live.
westwood AND a KTR?
Ha, yes! I only use the Westwood with the KTR on as well. Got them set to compliment each other and give a fuller sound (to my ears).

Actually prefer the Westwood at gain than the Klon.

welshywelsh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by welshywelsh » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:11 am

sal paradise wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:45 am
That is one amazing looking board, and some awesome pedals on there :?
Thank you kindly :)