Re: your effects setup?

Post by jorri » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:43 am

Meriphew wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:22 am
jorri wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:01 am
Meriphew wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:07 pm

The Wessex sits in the same sonic territory as a tubescreamer, but doesn't sound anything like one. It definitely isn't anything like a Klon or Barbershop (transparent OD). To me it's a perfect mid gain sound for modern rock. It sits very nicely within a mix.
The transformer does sound lush to me. But i think maybe its a case of would love it but not what intended. Maybe if the eq were pre-drive or something. Is a bit too hifi, and want some rattly (low gain rat?) or no-nonsense-mid-boost (ocd). I researched loads including Hamstead Odyssey, and Nanolog (another unique clipping thing), Hudson germanium drive but kept coming back to that bandwidth/clip control on palisades and how its rough around the edges, would stack like a TS. Shame its overkill, and the reduced version Dunes is underkill and more expensive used, so i nearly want to build one!. Perhaps just as my last pedal is a real tube amp sim, and my amp is a transformer solid-state with good drive and to fill the hole need a bit of a multi-fx.
If the palisades was just actually two controllable channels, no boost, options divided up between trebly low gain and fuzzy bass-mids channels, i'd build that- perhaps i should add in a neve transformer ha idk!
Maybe try out a Spaceman Saturn VI. It's an original circuit that can get pretty ragged sounding.
Thanks, havent checked that one yet. Might even stack well with wessex if i go more expensive and just get two.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:06 am

I thought, maybe not quite versatile enough on the Saturn VI.
But then i found the Hudson Broadcast 24v dual footswitch, not the Sidecar, as I previously thought it was only a boost. That might be perfect, a sound i had in my head, maybe not quite doing compressed hi gain things or a tone control, but it should stack well or i sneakily mod the second gain setting a bit higher/bassier!.

invisible man
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by invisible man » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:15 pm

This is my humble board. Nothing particularly special, but it’s mine. I am so pleased I finally got it set up properly. I had an IKEA shelf board with standard power surge protector with One Spot daisy chain and a few wall-wart adapters without a case for the longest time. It was an eyesore and bummed me out. Got this Pedaltrain Classic 2 and case last summer, ordered the VDL PP3+ and waited over six months for production delays to work themselves out. No complaints on the production delay, bigger problems on everyone’s hands this year. Tonight I put on the cable ties to achieve cleaner cabling. Decided to put some Velcro on the bottom so the cable ties are anchored to the bottom of the slats. I’m guessing I’m not the first to do this, but haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

I’ve got some room to grow! I might change up my drives: maybe a Keeley D&M Drive or JHS Morninglory instead of FullDrive2 (open to suggestions), maybe a Wampler Tumnus or Ceriatone Centura instead of EHX Soul Food. Also want to add a DOD Rubberneck, Cascade Axis Fuzz. At some point I want to run multiple amps, so when I take that dive there will be a Radial ABY (or two). Currently used for Jazzmaster and Bass VI, into a Scarlet Focusrite interface. Fewer opportunities to play through my Fender Pro Reverb (1980, ultralinear, master volume) these days. I want to move to a bigger place, get a bass amp, maybe a few lunch box amps to run wet/dry/wet.
Last edited by invisible man on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/billy-gashade

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 am

I cycle around with my gear, so I need to be able to fit my pedalboard in a bike bag. I have about the biggest board that still fits (metro 24).

I like that it somewhat limits the length of my pedal chain, though I've crammed it full. I have to pack two power supplies in a separate little bag. It's heavy, but it works.

Here's what's inside...

(TRIGGER WARNING for those who like their pedal boards neat and tidy: scroll back up now or get hurt)

TU2 -> EQD Plumes ->'86 Rat -> EQD Night Wire -> Reuss Swiss Army Knife (Klon + Rat clone) -> AmpFx ZVex Woolly Mammoth clone -> Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch -> DOD FX90 -> Boss RE20 -> Digitech Polara -> EHX 720 looper

That's two ODs, two Rats and a fuzz. Works really well for me.
At my practice room I put a boss volume pedal (fv-500h) before everything for volume swells/"manual" tremolo. I plan on adding a switch to it so I can shift between expression and volume modes without having to replug anything and use it to control the repeat rate on the RE20 as well.

invisible man
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by invisible man » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Sauerkraut wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 am
I cycle around with my gear, so I need to be able to fit my pedalboard in a bike bag. I have about the biggest board that still fits (metro 24).

I like that it somewhat limits the length of my pedal chain, though I've crammed it full. I have to pack two power supplies in a separate little bag. It's heavy, but it works.

Here's what's inside...

(TRIGGER WARNING for those who like their pedal boards neat and tidy: scroll back up now or get hurt)

TU2 -> EQD Plumes ->'86 Rat -> EQD Night Wire -> Reuss Swiss Army Knife (Klon + Rat clone) -> AmpFx ZVex Woolly Mammoth clone -> Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch -> DOD FX90 -> Boss RE20 -> Digitech Polara -> EHX 720 looper

That's two ODs, two Rats and a fuzz. Works really well for me.
At my practice room I put a boss volume pedal (fv-500h) before everything for volume swells/"manual" tremolo. I plan on adding a switch to it so I can shift between expression and volume modes without having to replug anything and use it to control the repeat rate on the RE20 as well.
If you are also carrying your instrument and amp on your bike, then pics of your bike cargo setup are required
https://soundcloud.com/billy-gashade

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 am

invisible man wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:32 pm
If you are also carrying your instrument and amp on your bike, then pics of your bike cargo setup are required
Nah, just a guitar on my back and the bike bag strapped to the back luggage carrier. I have two amps in two practice rooms and one at home.