Re: Setup of the day

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Cool. I'll try playing with it like that. Thanks!

I love OSG. :-*
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

solfege
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by solfege » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:36 pm

I might be achieving some kind of finalish state here.

Downstairs

Upstairs

What's odd about this is I've now settled into something like, [PLL ] - Fuzz - [Delay/Sequencer] - OD - Vibrato-y thing - Analog Delay [w/chorus/vibrato] - Looper on both boards. Also, I tried mixing the Montreal Assembly and the Midfi pedals, but they're actually happier in sets. I didn't quite expect this much duplication / variants of the same basic idea, but I guess I'm finding a combination of sounds I like. The fun part is that the two setups vary enough that they're interesting in their own ways -- and I don't think I've gotten anywhere near probing the limits of what the pedals can do.

Also, I've had the Pathfinder for a bit more than a year now. I keep getting happier with it. Best $150 amp ever.

kaboodle45
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kaboodle45 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 am

having difficulty figuring out how to upload a pic for some reason, so here's one from my IG. hope that isn't an issue, I'm new around these parts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZrdY5Hkuh/

my current build. I tend to swap around a fair bit, but I do love just about everything on here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCenTOoHu05/

the smaller board where I try out different combos on, from last week or so

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am

Over on FB, I got friended by Joe Gore, and, of course, a bunch of my friends started talking pedals. It lead me to get Joe's Cult Germanium overdrive, his Remedial Fuzz (one giant knob), and a replacement for the EHX Electric Mistress I had in the 80s.

Then, I listened to a bunch of funk stuff and "Paranoid Android" and decided I needed an envelope filter. I found a Keely for cheep on Reverb. We kept discussing pedals, and the topic of chorus came up in the debrief about the EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, which got Zachary Vex to chime in on his Instant Lo-Fi Junky pedal. I have no willpower and these guys will be added to the rig above:

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:01 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am
Over on FB, I got friended by Joe Gore, and, of course, a bunch of my friends started talking pedals. It lead me to get Joe's Cult Germanium overdrive, his Remedial Fuzz (one giant knob), and a replacement for the EHX Electric Mistress I had in the 80s.

Then, I listened to a bunch of funk stuff and "Paranoid Android" and decided I needed an envelope filter. I found a Keely for cheep on Reverb. We kept discussing pedals, and the topic of chorus came up in the debrief about the EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, which got Zachary Vex to chime in on his Instant Lo-Fi Junky pedal. I have no willpower and these guys will be added to the rig above:

How is the Gore stuff?

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am

Welp, that'd do it. If you get a chance I'd love to hear some chorusy clips from the Mistress if you have the time. I've never been that successful in dialing those tones in on flangers (to my chagrin).

I'm interested in Joe's stuff myself. I LOVE his youtube content -- always has great playing and interesting tonal excursions without a lot of unnecessary yapping.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

The Cult and Duh are outliers in pedal-land, as they're one-knob, many sounds kind of beasts. The trick, kind of like Dwarfcraft's The Great Destroyer, is that they both really have three knobs, only the other two are on your guitar.

The volume knob is essential to using them. They're super-responsive to input, so when you turn down a bit they change character, but if you bang that plank, they get skanydirty again.

The Cult is a Germanium circuit, and at its limits, it sounds like a Fuzz Face just about to go over the edge. As for the Duh, think Joey Santiago and you've got it. Big fuzz that cuts and has insane note definition.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm
The Cult and Duh are outliers in pedal-land, as they're one-knob, many sounds kind of beasts. The trick, kind of like Dwarfcraft's The Great Destroyer, is that they both really have three knobs, only the other two are on your guitar.

The volume knob is essential to using them. They're super-responsive to input, so when you turn down a bit they change character, but if you bang that plank, they get skanydirty again.

The Cult is a Germanium circuit, and at its limits, it sounds like a Fuzz Face just about to go over the edge. As for the Duh, think Joey Santiago and you've got it. Big fuzz that cuts and has insane note definition.
Thanks for the rundown. The Duh sounds like my next pedal!

kaboodle45
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kaboodle45 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDRKIIBHYKB/

today's weird setup (for both bass and guitar)

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:17 am
i need to hoover.
Is that a Fender Vaporizer?
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:06 am

X-Ray Spex wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:
i need to hoover.
yeah. it's my friend's. it's pretty cool.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

andy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:26 pm

I just updated my pedal board today. I received the Magnavibe clone in the mail today and it is so great!! Especially with humbuckers.
Send me western swing vids

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:57 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:06 am
X-Ray Spex wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:
i need to hoover.
yeah. it's my friend's. it's pretty cool.
Thought about grabbing one of them when they came out, are they any good?

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:49 am

X-Ray Spex wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:57 am

yeah. it's a bit of a 1 trick pony but it does that trick so well. ive rarely used the vaporizer circuit because it's soo much louder than the clean sound. it's also not super clean. it starts to breakup around 10 o'clock on the volume. i also think it would benefit better from a smaller spring tank but it's a really great sounding amp.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:33 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:49 am
X-Ray Spex wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:57 am

yeah. it's a bit of a 1 trick pony but it does that trick so well. ive rarely used the vaporizer circuit because it's soo much louder than the clean sound. it's also not super clean. it starts to breakup around 10 o'clock on the volume. i also think it would benefit better from a smaller spring tank but it's a really great sounding amp.
Interesting , that's a bummer about it's clean capacities.