i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: Setup of the day

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Zeus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:53 pm
Your setups are always on point.
Thanks! It’s a lot of fun trying to always change it up with different stuff.
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Another day, another rig. '97 or '98 MIK Dano baritone into the 'ole '66 Bassman.

There are a few pedals that I built on here. The top right one is a modded Ross compressor, the little gray one is a buffer, and I completely gutted and rebuilt the Fuzz Face a long time ago. The unmarked orange pedal is a Zvex Woolly Mammoth. The blue Boss has a bunch of glare, but it's on old PS-2. Killer pedal! And check out the spaghetti like mess of power cables :D

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:12 am

Very cool to see the Octane III making an appearance! I love them so much! :-* 8)
Resident Spartan.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:51 am

My little corner in the living room...

Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 am

Great little rig, right there! ^^^

8)
Resident Spartan.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:51 am

I'm thinking of downsizing my home practice rig into something like this, and those Yamaha THRs have definitely been on my radar. First time I've seen the little black one like that though, are those new?
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Cornelius Plum
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Cornelius Plum » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:27 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 am
johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:51 am

I'm thinking of downsizing my home practice rig into something like this, and those Yamaha THRs have definitely been on my radar. First time I've seen the little black one like that though, are those new?
The black little Yamaha THR is a THR10C. It's the low gain THR. They're not new, I've been using one for years now. In my opinion, they're great little practice amps. I love the "Deluxe" setting (a cleanish fender tone) on mine, I use it all the time.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:32 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 am

8)
Thanks! There's a lot of fun to be had there. The amp has a bunch of effects built in if I'm feeling fruity but, to be honest, I'm normally just happy with the Rat and delay. This only only gets used if I'm home and my wife is also working from home that day. Our second bedroom is a combo music room/home office now (thanks Covid) so I have to have a small and quiet setup if I want to play at all.

stevejamsecono wrote:
I got it from a suggestion on here, it's really cool for home use. It's their 'C' model which has combo amps modelled. I think they came out about 8 or 9 years ago maybe? I got it used on Reverb for not a lot of money.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:32 am
zhivago wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 am

8)
Thanks! There's a lot of fun to be had there. The amp has a bunch of effects built in if I'm feeling fruity but, to be honest, I'm normally just happy with the Rat and delay. This only only gets used if I'm home and my wife is also working from home that day. Our second bedroom is a combo music room/home office now (thanks Covid) so I have to have a small and quiet setup if I want to play at all.

stevejamsecono wrote:
I got it from a suggestion on here, it's really cool for home use. It's their 'C' model which has combo amps modelled. I think they came out about 8 or 9 years ago maybe? I got it used on Reverb for not a lot of money.
Good to know! That might be the ticket then. Especially if I can nab a deal.

My AC15 is understandably finicky at low volumes and frankly is too much amp for a crowded apartment building anyway.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:46 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am

Good to know! That might be the ticket then. Especially if I can nab a deal.

My AC15 is understandably finicky at low volumes and frankly is too much amp for a crowded apartment building anyway.
Yeah, 15w is crazy loud for an apartment really. I had a Princeton and it was too much. I have an old VibroChamp in the music room and even that's too loud a lot of the time.

I would highly recommend one, the sound (and volume) you can get out of it is remarkable

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:33 pm

zhivago wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:12 am
Very cool to see the Octane III making an appearance! I love them so much! :-* 8)
I’m so glad that I finally got one! I’ve been intrigued by them for years. I had this preconceived notion that they were basically a one trick pony. It is actually turning out to be a pretty versatile pedal. What surprised me the most is how varied the sounds are when rolling the guitars volume a bit. That is something that I never really did before but I find myself doing a lot lately. The tone control has a ton of range too. Now I just gotta get ahold of a Myrold Fuzz Factory.

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:23 am

i had a beat up octane 3 and it's a killer fuzz. replaced it with a lal 46, which is similar but crazier

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:33 pm
zhivago wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:12 am
I’m so glad that I finally got one! I’ve been intrigued by them for years. I had this preconceived notion that they were basically a one trick pony. It is actually turning out to be a pretty versatile pedal. What surprised me the most is how varied the sounds are when rolling the guitars volume a bit. That is something that I never really did before but I find myself doing a lot lately. The tone control has a ton of range too. Now I just gotta get ahold of a Myrold Fuzz Factory.
They are truly great! I've made some crazy sounds with an Octane going into cooking amp! 8)

Definitely get a Myrold FF...they are great...I love the early 2000s ones. 8)
Resident Spartan.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:05 am

pretty much my normal practice setup but still fun
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrShake » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:10 pm

First time I've been able to fully test drive my new live amp setup, it's alarmingly loud. The Deluxe 112 Plus, in particular, with it's "zero-to-AAARRGH!" volume control. More than once I had to turn down to hear the cavewoman drummer slamming the big-ass toms a few feet from me. It was set to "2" all night, and we both felt it in our chests.

But it sounds great, and stacked-stereo reverb is lots of fun. Plus, I leave just a whiff of the Deluxe's spring reverb on all the time, whether I'm feeding it reverb from my board. Took a DIY fuzz off the board tonight, deciding to go back to Dual Rats, it's what my heart wants. And I've finally mastered using the Super Feedbacker in fuzzed-out heavy psych jams for haunt-y flavor.