Menatone Dirty Blonde

Everyone needs a stompbox.
CLETUStheFETUS
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Menatone Dirty Blonde

Post by CLETUStheFETUS » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:37 am

I just bought one (menatone dirty blonde) from this badical vintage store in Orlando for 150 $ and it seems to be awesome. I just jammed it in the store and havent got to apply to it my own setup because Im in disneyworld. They are supposed to mimic the old school Fender Blonde amps  from the 60s. When I cranked it the distortion sounded so smooth and clarifiying, I dug it. Have you guys ever played or heard of this pedal. It got discontinued a couple of years back so im kinda excited about it. Oh yeah and it has a picture of a hot female pig gracing the top of the pedal. anyway just wondering if you guys knew anything about it. Thanks.
love
chirser

Last night I dreamt about it and it was the most thick but smooth sounding distortion I have ever heard, but then it cut out and right as I began to Freak,  I woke up. Im pretty sure only offsetguitars posters have this dream .
And magenta feelings take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chic-a-cherry cola  -Savage Garden  (the most amazing lyric of all time)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Menatone Dirty Blonde

Post by zhivago » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:07 am

I've heard of it, but never used one...I looked on Menatone's site, and it's not listed on the main page...is it discontinued?
Resident Spartan.

CLETUStheFETUS
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CLETUStheFETUS » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 am

yes it is... Im not sure when it got disconintued though. The thing sounds so awesome, but i still havent run it through my personal setup yet, and wont be able to for a couple of days. :(
Sweet like a chic-a-cherry cola  -Savage Garden  (the most amazing lyric of all time)

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:56 am

I see....let us know what your impressions are when you get to plug it in :)
Resident Spartan.

holy-reverb!!
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by holy-reverb!! » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:55 pm

http://www.musictoyz.com/network/index.php

click on the dirty blonde if you have never heard one.

CLETUStheFETUS
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CLETUStheFETUS » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:21 pm

none of the videos on that site will load more than 20 seconds for me! sucks!

CLETUStheFETUS
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CLETUStheFETUS » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow. Finally played the dirty blonde on my setup and it has the best sound. I finally fixed my feedback probelm with this pedal. I am able to get awesome vintage fuzzy distortion without a heavy buzz in the background. The gain and volume controls let you control the amount of distortion/lead tones and the bass knob adds fuzz when cranked wiht distortion. This pedal hs the distortion that i have been looking for.. I think i might just use it as a distortion pedal and get a zvex fuzz factory for some fuzzaction still. This pedal is awesome guys.