KMA Machines Endgame

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

KMA Machines Endgame

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:24 am

Thomann - New KMA Machines Endgame | NAMM 24

I'm just barely getting into IR and cab sim stuff, its something that I haven't been actively pursuing, but now have 2 or 3 devices that do this (because I wanted something for headphones late at night or for portability). This thing seems VERY well thought-out. Stereo outputs, stereo effects loop, ability to change position of loop before/after/or in-between IR and power amp (might've misunderstood that part a little). I also like that the rotary switch can turn the IR off, a feature I've not seen on many devices. This is thing is REALLY cool.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: KMA Machines Endgame

Post by sal paradise » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:13 am

Sounds v clever & flexible without being too complex. I’m impressed/pleased that it’s not software driven.

Not a bad price either @ £320

Full specs here

Think I’d still prefer the Simplifier DLX as I just can’t seem to get downloaded IRs to work for me (aka get frustrated quickly because I don’t really know how to use them). I copied a friend’s settings on my Two Notes Torpedo Live- set and forget.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: KMA Machines Endgame

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:19 am

I think it might be somewhat software-driven as they mention a USB-C port on the back in case of "firmware updates", and obviously for loading IRs as well. But I do like that just about everything is *on* the pedal (no hidden menus/menu-diving, etc.). I'm pretty impressed.

I haven't messed with loading any IRs myself yet in anything. I've got a Simplifier Mk. 2 which sounds awesome, but I haven't been into it too deep yet. I'm still waiting for my Boss IR-2 preorder to come in too.

Side note: I'm in love with the brown and blue color scheme. I've seen similar color schemes before, but they aren't common, and look SO good together.

Also, it's got 2 slots for a user-picked IR. If I do get the Endgame, I kinda want to try this one from Paul Davids: Paul Davids - PLAYING GUITAR IN A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
He mentions at the end that they captured the IR to be able to put out there, and I've always wanted to try it 8)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384