It’s beige, cheesy and HAWT…what is it?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

It’s beige, cheesy and HAWT…what is it?

Post by JVG » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 pm

I impulse bought a pedal this week, when I saw this very clean specimen going cheap.

No guessing games here (although the title clues probably give it away)….check out this bad boy:

Not sure what year it is, but i think they stopped making these in the late 80s.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: It’s beige, cheesy and HAWT…what is it?

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:44 am

Nice find!! Nice board too!!! I love the mods to your JM as well. I could rock everything here 8)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm

Cheers man! If you ever find yourself on the other side of the world, you’re most welcome to drop by and play some lefty guitars with me :)

I’ve actually just put the Jag pickups in, and I’m loving it. It had strat pickups before.

As for the pedal, i know it’s not generally considered a cool or desirable one, but it’s taken me by surprise how good it is. Of course it does the 70s car chase wacka-wacka thing, but it does a lot more than this as well. It doesn't have to sound cliched. Also, it has pretty much no background noise, which surprised me for a 40-year-old pedal.

My original intention was to have a bit of fun with it then move it on, but I'll likely keep it.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:44 am
Nice find!! Nice board too!!! I love the mods to your JM as well. I could rock everything here 8)
came here to say the same! Really amazing looking Jag-Mast-o-Caster! and a great tidy board! How do you like the looper? Do you feel somehow "less connected" to the pedals? Meaning not interacting in the same way as you would (turning knobs and all) - It sure is practical - but all that additional wiring... That was always turning me off...

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:54 pm

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:14 pm
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:44 am
came here to say the same! Really amazing looking Jag-Mast-o-Caster! and a great tidy board! How do you like the looper? Do you feel somehow "less connected" to the pedals? Meaning not interacting in the same way as you would (turning knobs and all) - It sure is practical - but all that additional wiring... That was always turning me off...
Cheers!

The looper is bloody great, and although i was hesitant at first (for the same reasons you mentioned), I couldn’t go back. The initial setup takes a bit more work, but after that it’s dead easy to swap pedals - no more difficult than if they were all connected in series.

I don’t feel disconnected from the pedals, and it’s easier to hit the buttons when they are lined up, rather than tap dancing around the board. That said, several of the loops contain 2 pedals, so there’s still an element ‘dancing’ involved.

The other thing is that it’s quieter, because i’m only running the signal through the pedals I want at any given time, and if a pedal fails for whatever reason, it doesn’t have an impact on anything else.

Sorry for the gushing..haha. I’ve had it for about 4 years, so i’m well past the honeymoon period - I guess i just love it!