Everyone needs a stompbox.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPD: Horse American Sound, Sonicake IR, Kmise ABY

Post by JSett » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:19 pm

sal paradise wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:04 pm

You know the battery went flat 10 years ago. And I didn’t get round to going to Woolworths.

Thank you for the reminder. I will get off my arse and go somewhere that sells batteries. Good idea.
:D :D I kinda miss Woolworths.

Jokes aside, I run batteries for my pedals live and I cant actually remember the last time I had to change the tuner one....they seem to last forever. I get the big multipacks from Amazon (I know, fuck Amazon but it's so damn useful for things like this) and they're every bit as good as the Duracell ones.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:49 pm

JSett wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:19 pm
sal paradise wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:04 pm

You know the battery went flat 10 years ago. And I didn’t get round to going to Woolworths.

Thank you for the reminder. I will get off my arse and go somewhere that sells batteries. Good idea.
:D :D I kinda miss Woolworths.

Jokes aside, I run batteries for my pedals live and I cant actually remember the last time I had to change the tuner one....they seem to last forever. I get the big multipacks from Amazon (I know, fuck Amazon but it's so damn useful for things like this) and they're every bit as good as the Duracell ones.
Annoyingly amazon is 40% cheaper than Ocado. And Matt doesn’t go to real shops unless picking up vinyl or books these days. So, brutal capitalism in exchange for convenience it is.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrShake » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:36 am

sal paradise wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 pm
This post has me thinking about a new home recording setup.

Now, I’m yet to actually get round to recording any demos where amp sound is even a factor that I need to care about. But, gear is gear.

I’ve accepted that I think I’m going lunchbox head for main sound. And was then thinking about getting a Torpedo CAB IR for connecting to mac & take along for shows.

Instead of that I could get 2nd hand American sound, JMP LovePedal& sonicake IR for about the same price as the Torpedo… hmm options options :whistle:
I'm certainly not gonna say that this Horse preamp would A/B against one's preferred tube amp and come out ahead, but it's certainly a passable simulation. And the cab sims already in the Somicake help even more. But maybe I'm just a plebian with cheeseburger taste in a world of sirloin.

Over the past week, I scoured for deals, and along with the second IR that arrived yesterday, I found some crazy bargains on some of the other off-off-brand knockoffs of these Tech 21 Character preamp pedals. Mosky and Horse and Joyo came through for me. Gonna set up a "preamps + cab sim" board to just leave behind my mixing board - a "ready to go" DI option with a handful of different amp tones (Fender, Marshall, Vox, Orange) at the click of a couple switches. No board required, but any can be plugged into the amp lineup.

Sounds like, with an AS and that JMP LovePedal into an IR, you'd have a pretty dope-ass, fully-useable Fender+Marshall setup. And don't let me tell ya what to do, but since there's no stomp switch for the IR box, make sure you can easily rout around it for signal send versatility. There might be a simpler solution than the AB/Y box.

Oh...