Everyone needs a stompbox.
Candy Cane
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Univox Superfuzz Clone Reuss Goo Goo Fuzz

Post by Candy Cane » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:15 pm

My favorite fuzz.

Anyone else using Reuss pedals?

Very cool Spacemen 3-inspired pedals, among other tasteful circuits.
No War

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Univox Superfuzz Clone Reuss Goo Goo Fuzz

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:25 am

I have the first version of his Repeater Fuzz. Great pedal!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:30 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:25 am
I remember when he was here showing those off! I haven’t seen him around in a while. Does he still post?

fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fortytwo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:57 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:30 am
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
I remember when he was here showing those off! I haven’t seen him around in a while. Does he still post?
It's been some time.
But I think he has too much going on, with wife and kids, a full time job, and a booming pedal business, to hang out on forums these days.

del
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by del » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:50 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Electrovac is still active here and makes smart posts (along with delightful pedals).
I have a Reuss Muzzbox (a zinger of an octavia style fuzz) and hope one day to have a Repeater Fuzz.
The Kinks - The Fall – The Bad Seeds - Spacemen 3 - The Gories - Royal Trux
"The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world." - David Fair

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:52 pm

i used to have a goo goo, as good a superfuzz as any. very old-school-sounding version of the superfuzz sound.

elektrovac
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by elektrovac » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:12 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Thanks a lot for remembering me :-) I am still around, but don't post so much. I used to be obsessed with building 'project guitars', and the 'mods and projects' section was the main attraction for me here.
It got to a point when I had too many guitars, and it got stressful starting projects I did not have time to finish, so I had to let it go.

For a three years until springtime this year, I kept a very demanding fulltime 'dayjob' as a supervisor in public healthcare, and then had the growing pedal business on top of that, which occasionally exploded, like getting 150 preorders for Plasmatron pedals and stuff. It was a major job to handle, still being a one-man business. Still being the father of five. The wife not being very happy about it all.

Something obviously had to change. So I got a less demanding dayjob since March this year and hooked up with a third party order fulfillment business, which now handles the webshop for me, stocking the pedals and shipping all the orders.

Now I am in a very good place with everything, and finally have time to be creative again. I've had a fantastic Danish electronics engineer on board the past two years as a freelancer, and we have a lot of very exciting pedal ideas in development, taking the luxury to work slowly and enjoy the process of perfecting them.

elektrovac
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by elektrovac » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:21 am

... The Goo Goo Fuzz has gotten smaller, btw. Still the same vintage new old stock parts inside :-)

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:50 am

elektrovac wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:12 am
Thanks a lot for remembering me :-) I am still around, but don't post so much. I used to be obsessed with building 'project guitars', and the 'mods and projects' section was the main attraction for me here.
It got to a point when I had too many guitars, and it got stressful starting projects I did not have time to finish, so I had to let it go.

For a three years until springtime this year, I kept a very demanding fulltime 'dayjob' as a supervisor in public healthcare, and then had the growing pedal business on top of that, which occasionally exploded, like getting 150 preorders for Plasmatron pedals and stuff. It was a major job to handle, still being a one-man business. Still being the father of five. The wife not being very happy about it all.

Something obviously had to change. So I got a less demanding dayjob since March this year and hooked up with a third party order fulfillment business, which now handles the webshop for me, stocking the pedals and shipping all the orders.

Now I am in a very good place with everything, and finally have time to be creative again. I've had a fantastic Danish electronics engineer on board the past two years as a freelancer, and we have a lot of very exciting pedal ideas in development, taking the luxury to work slowly and enjoy the process of perfecting them.
That’s excellent news! Glad you’re doing well. It’s scary to hire someone to help out, but it relieves so much stress from the business.

I don’t think you’re alone in the problem of having too many guitars, too many projects, and not enough time. Have seen that more than once in the project section.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:01 am

:-* still using your Yellow Cab OD on my board, and still planning on getting another Repeat Distortion after mine was stolen... :squint:

Great to hear you're doing so good. Your pedal are good stuff!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Candy Cane
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Candy Cane » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:29 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:01 am
:-* still using your Yellow Cab OD on my board, and still planning on getting another Repeat Distortion after mine was stolen... :squint:

I used to run a Reuss Cab Drive with a Jaguar & a Roland JC120 ... I miss that rig.
No War

elektrovac
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by elektrovac » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:41 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:01 am

Thanks :blush: The Cab Drive circuit lives on as the Square One Overdrive, after being absent from my lineup for a few years.

David Pajo recently did a demo of my stand-alone Repeater pedal :-)

https://youtu.be/8HOg1Cp-_sk
Last edited by elektrovac on Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdksa90
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tdksa90 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:56 am

I have your RSH-03 Rowland S. Howard pedal, and it's absolutely essential in my rig! I recently borrowed an old MXR distortion+ from a friend, and I was impressed by how the RSH-03 had the same great tone.

My Music: https://keithhanlon.bandcamp.com/

deluxejazzmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by deluxejazzmaster » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:33 am

My overdrive and fuzzes are exclusively Reuss (Repeater Fuzz II- germanium, Goo Goo Fuzz original size and Steve Wynn Wine and Roses)- I prefer to play clean but every time I play through one of them it's a reminder that I would never get rid of them and would be all that I use. The build is awesome and the customer service of the owner is fantastic. I am a total devote to all things Velvet Underground and I feel like between these three pedals, I can full achieve a sense of what they were after with no struggle (which Spacemen 3, Jesus and Mary Chain and Dream Syndicate were all the children of... these pedals being nods to their main arsenal). Weirdly, the pedal that was most an afterthought when purchasing all three, is the one that I use the most regularly- The Steve Wynn Signature Overdrive. It gets totally fuzzy and wild and has the ability to set a couple of great settings in conjunction with one another (I usually achieve making my 57 pro sound garage like in one stage and then like the first Blue Cheer record with the second stage). I am glad to see that others appreciate this guys stuff too.
It could always be worse