PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPD: Not what I expected

Post by Ransom » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:37 am
panoramic wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:51 am
We're in what will eventually be a lawsuit era with effects pedals.... I know I am wrong on this but I can hope for JHS to go out of business.
:D :D

That dough-faced bigot has made a tidy living out of ripping off other peoples' designs. I too wish him all the bad luck in life.
Jesus, man...

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:35 pm

Ransom wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 pm
johnnysomersett wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:37 am
panoramic wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:51 am
We're in what will eventually be a lawsuit era with effects pedals.... I know I am wrong on this but I can hope for JHS to go out of business.
:D :D

That dough-faced bigot has made a tidy living out of ripping off other peoples' designs. I too wish him all the bad luck in life.
Jesus, man...
I stand by that comment. There was a thread title I saw once on ilovefuzz that was something like "JHS = Extremist Christian Joyo" which I found funny, and accurate. I don't care what half-arse fake statement/apology he wants to make...dude is clearly a wrong-un and only sorry he got caught out.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

Russell1982
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Russell1982 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:21 am

hulakatt wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:12 pm
So, I've used Behringer gear before. I've seen their plastic pedals on countless boards, I've run across or used countless rack units from them in the pro audio world. I'll be honest, it's pretty much always serviceable but bottom tier gear. It's usually broken but till functional and working but I've never confused a Behringer sound board for an Allen & Heath, not gonna happen.

That said, I love old Maestro gear. I love the uniqueness of it, I love the aesthetic, I love the ridiculously oversized and overbuilt gear. Everything about it seems to be in the opposite end of the gear ocean from Behringer. So when I stumbled across the fact that Behringer was building clone/RI of a few of the old Maestro pedals, I wasn't sure which legacy they'd live up to or how I felt about it at all. But the Octave Divider was pretty affordable, esp used so I grabbed one on a whim, just to see. I just got this in, haven't even plugged it in yet but I'm impressed so far. This is definitely a step up for Behringer in their quality and construction and I'm much more eager now to plug it in and have some fun! Will do so tomorrow and report back.

I didn’t realise this was out already, I’m also very keen to hear how it is. I always have the same impression with behringer pedals but their synths seem really good so hoping the quality is here too.

Also really looking forward to their bi phase pedal.

sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sessylU » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 am

Oh, I didn't realise they were actually making a Bi-Phase! I was half joking when I mentioned it upthread.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... fter-pedal
a total idiot jackass

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm

Finally got to sit down and spend some time with the Octave Divider today. I used my Jazzmaster, run through my usual pedalboard into my jtm45 and 1960a.

There's a lot of really cool sounds in this box so far and you can wring out some pretty synth-y sounds. There is noticeable volume loss when engaging the circuit and much more volume loss with Bass Only engaged so I wouldn't want to switch that off and on live unless it was in a loop with a booster or compressor to make up some signal loss. No noticeable hiss or white noise present. Sounded particularly cool with fuzz or into a chorus.

One thing that caught me off guard. Yes, I know it's historically correct but I'm just not used to having a separate power switch on the pedal. I'm much more used to a pedal being powered on by being plugged in. Also, the Input/Output on the rear of the pedal are backwards of what most pedals are these days as well.

And yeah, I might have pre-ordered a Bi-Phase. I've always wanted one but they've always been kind of a pipe dream.
She/Her

Russell1982
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Russell1982 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:09 pm

sessylU wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 am
Oh, I didn't realise they were actually making a Bi-Phase! I was half joking when I mentioned it upthread.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... fter-pedal
When I saw your comment I had to check, because I thought I remembered them announcing a bi-phase but wasn’t sure.

Russell1982
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Russell1982 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:15 pm

hulakatt wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm
Finally got to sit down and spend some time with the Octave Divider today. I used my Jazzmaster, run through my usual pedalboard into my jtm45 and 1960a.

There's a lot of really cool sounds in this box so far and you can wring out some pretty synth-y sounds. There is noticeable volume loss when engaging the circuit and much more volume loss with Bass Only engaged so I wouldn't want to switch that off and on live unless it was in a loop with a booster or compressor to make up some signal loss. No noticeable hiss or white noise present. Sounded particularly cool with fuzz or into a chorus.

One thing that caught me off guard. Yes, I know it's historically correct but I'm just not used to having a separate power switch on the pedal. I'm much more used to a pedal being powered on by being plugged in. Also, the Input/Output on the rear of the pedal are backwards of what most pedals are these days as well.

And yeah, I might have pre-ordered a Bi-Phase. I've always wanted one but they've always been kind of a pipe dream.
Glad to hear it’s sounding positive. Definitely need to check one out. I feel totally the same about the bi-phase, it’s been a dream piece of gear for years but always something I assumed I’d never actually own so definitely keen to grab the behringer one.