EHX OD Glove - anyone use 2 of them?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
rivir
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

EHX OD Glove - anyone use 2 of them?

Post by rivir » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:01 am

I have two hands; I need two Gloves. Seriously, I love the pedal, and it seems like I am getting a second one, second-hand, for cheap, within the week (unless the deal falls through, but even if it does, it's probably still on my radar for the future).

So, I'm curious, does anyone else have two OD Glove pedals in their setup? I'm wondering what you think of using two, how you're stacking them, etc?

My plan is to have one set to 18V internally for the increased headroom, and the other 9V for a more compressed drive sound. Or maybe stacking both in 18V mode would sound better... Not sure about that, nor where I'll put them in my chain, just yet. I was contemplating using one as more of an always-on cleanish boost, mostly to sorta even out my levels and give a bit of bite/flavour to my overall tone, but I'm really new and inexperienced with stacking pedals in general. I am also determined to preserve my Rat's tone (kinda wonder if it would work as a clean boost always on, then drive it with the Gloves on). Seems I have experimenting to do!

bubba899
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: EHX OD Glove - anyone use 2 of them?

Post by bubba899 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:37 am

From what I remember the Glove is an OCD, which stack really well. So you should be onto a winner. Best way is always to just play around as it's all subjective and depends on what you're after, but you could run the more compressed sound into the high headroom one, almost acting like an amp stage. The rule of thumb I tend to work to is to back off the gain off further than you initially want on all the stages, stack them up and then adjust accordingly.

TLDR: stacking gain pedals is great and there are basically no wrong answers.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: EHX OD Glove - anyone use 2 of them?

Post by JSett » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:00 am

bubba899 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:37 am
TLDR: stacking gain pedals is great and there are basically no wrong answers.
As a man who stacks a Rat into a Fuzzface into a cranked Champ...I wholeheartedly concur
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?