NOED! New Old Echolette Day

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NOED! New Old Echolette Day

Post by Ursa Minor » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:08 pm

Hey all , thought I'd give a much needed update, info dump:

Sorry, been out of town so haven't had any time to work on this. Now that I'm back I expect to have more time to dive in and see if this thing works! I have been in contact with Tim and have more info to work with which is great!

First, the fuse. The 5x20mm fuse fit like a glove. I was suprised it was long enough but fit snuggly once installed. So, that's very promising!

Next, I need to make the power cord. After reading the replies I've decided to try the original NOS connector first and see how that goes — minding the ground connection. I plan to open the unit up and clean and dust it out best I can. It's in pretty clean shape already so shouldn't need much. Will also plan to do a full inspection, snap some pics and send them over to Tim to inspect before starting it up.

Regarding power I'll probably start at 130v. This way it will run a little cooler than if I were to run it at 110v. I usually get 120-125v at my house pretty consistently, so it's probably not a bad idea to start things off on the cooler side, at least at first. I don't have a variac so I won't be able to start it up gradually — unless, of course, I happen get one... :whistle:

Tim noticed that the original plastic rollers on mine we're replaced with metal ones. He said it looked like a premium upgrade that should be nice as long as the tape moves freely. (Don't mind the old tape in this pic. Its the seller's pic and the tape it loose and not installed right.)

He also mentioned the motor mount looks like the older type which should date this as an earlier model. Will know for sure if I can get the motor out and inspect the manufacture date on the chassis.

Also have some info on getting a proper DIN adapter made up so I can actually try the unit with a guitar. Will plan to share that once I get through the initial inspection and power up.
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.