Looks like Cort has bought Digitech/DOD...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Looks like Cort has bought Digitech/DOD...

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:24 pm

Iffymiffy wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:42 pm
^really nice guitar that i have seen go as low as $300, i really don’t know why Cort gets lumped together with cheap knockoff manufacturers by a lot of people.
Because Cort make a lot of those cheap knock-offs.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:29 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:24 pm
Iffymiffy wrote:
^really nice guitar that i have seen go as low as $300, i really don’t know why Cort gets lumped together with cheap knockoff manufacturers by a lot of people.
Like, sooo many. This may be the first Cort I've seen that wasn't.
She/Her

Veitchy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Veitchy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:01 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:52 pm
It looks like a shredder Strat, but it's a funk machine! Good god, y'all!
The World's Most Dangerous Band!

Cort will always have my respect as they had the good sense to give Matt Murphy a signature model.
andy_tchp wrote:
Fair.

Iffymiffy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Iffymiffy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:26 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Iffymiffy wrote:
Fair enough that they are not original designs, however I kinda think it is fair game to reproduce classics such as LP, Strats etc and one thing is the quality from my experience in stores is that they are very good for the price, Not like the cheap knockoff low quality type on aliexpress etc.

Before squier and epiphone upped their game in recent years they really were a good option for beginners and it is a good sign that they have the mindset to push their image with higher priced models which might translate to the possibility that they have better plans for Digitech/DOD other than the “budget route”.

Hopefully with their Matt Bellamy connection they could do something with the Whammy line since he has used it quite a bit

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:23 am

honestly, i've thought the quality on every cort guitar i've played was great for the price point...... but every time i'd go for the squier instead. it's a similar issue i have to the yamaha pacifica. great guitar with quality on par with the squiers in the same price range. but i'd rather buy the squier.

as for the dod/digitech buyout, i feel like digitech never really got the price point right. buying a digitech pedal always felt like you were saving for the boss pedal but came up a little short. i remember when the range of dirt boxes came out (the one with the hot head, bad monkey and grunge with 2 others) and even had both the grunge and the hot head. the quality was on par with boss and they were even cheaper than some boss pedals...... but i just couldn't bond with them and went to the boss pedals every time. i could probably list ever digitech pedal i've ever owned and how many i've kept over the years.

as for the DOD reissue stuff, same thing. it was great but i always had such a hard time falling in love with them. my friend has the dod boneshaker and swears by it. but not for me.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 am

Cort/Cor-tek manufacture guitars for a number of different guitar brands.

Including most Squiers.

HTH.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.