What’s the most interesting pedal you own?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
postboredom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What’s the most interesting pedal you own?

Post by postboredom » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:27 am

I have a clone I built of the Deluxe Pitch Pirate, by Mid-Fi electronics.

Very cool pedal, its a Delay, that you can alter the pitch of the delays, and the delay chip tends to have a low fi feel.
Odd pedal that adds character.

Dave
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:44 am

Wish I could describe it's sound, hasn't worked in forever. It's neat though.
"I'm all metric and loving every inch of it"
-Orang Goreng

fever606
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fever606 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:53 am

Dang, Dave! I love a good Zonk…

There are plenty of folks out there that’d be happy to fix it up for you… Brad @ Creepy Fingers did great work on my Superfuzz, and I know Jerms and the guy at Blackstrap Elektrik have a lot of experience with Zonks…

Dave
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:03 am

I'd have to go dig around down cellar, as far as I remember the board got gently removed and tucked away somewhere, with the intent being to compare it to a drawing and see what's busted, just one of those things you always mean to "get around to doing"
"I'm all metric and loving every inch of it"
-Orang Goreng

Gavanti
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gavanti » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:09 am

I just picked up a Mood, and it is kind of blowing my mind. Just the left side alone is wild and seems quite functional on the board: delay, reverb, reverse, pitch shifting, tape flange are all pretty accessible. The looper side is fun too for texture, but I’m less certain I’ll be able to use it in a band context. Going to have to mess around with it at practice tonight.

Other than the Mood, it’s definitely the PastFX CE-1 clone. I’ve got it after a boost and before other dirt, and between the chorus and vibrato it offers up a range of sounds.

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 46346 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:38 pm

in my decades on OSG, i never posted on Effects until now, but this is kind of the question i would post.

i have several that qualify, but having explored dozens of drives, modulators, delays, filters,
i'm gonna go with my bit-crushing sequencer:

Ottobit Jr. from Meris.

i love the feeling of hearing your guitar come back at you in a way that surprises you and inspires you, almost like you are in dialogue with someone else.

that is the definition of an 'interesting' effect, and the main reason i would use one.

so, this thing crushes and filters as you see fit, but you can set it to come back at you in rhythm after playing your clean note.
so, it's kind of like duetting with Brian Eno in Roxy Music, but it's all you and Otto.

honorable mention goes to my 70's EH Micro Synth, i've played it every week since finding it in 1989, and it still gets me!

the Ring Stinger is DEFINITELY interesting, i wish i nabbed one back then, i have a Doppelganger and Meatball, but by the time
the RS came out, all Lovetone pedals had become rightfully buzzworthy and expensive. i was lucky to have found mine for $200 each used...
Cat Museum, ACME, Malcolm Mooney, Dream Apes, The Cooling Time, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Quarks

cpeck
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cpeck » Tue May 17, 2022 1:28 am

Definitely the September Sound envelope filter fuzz wah. Out of control in the best way, insanely loud, all kinds of unlabelled knobs and switches, absolutely ruthless.

I’ve been enjoying my Roland Double Beat, too.

I did plug in my Red Panda Particle last weekend and got some cool sounds. I’m in a phase where I don’t really like delay at the moment, but I can see it fitting on a few songs on my new record.

floater
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by floater » Tue May 17, 2022 6:40 am

Austone Vibro Stomp-- I became a friendly acquaintance of the designer/builder, Jon Bessent (Vintage Jon- RIP). He was such a cool dude. That friendship totally adds to the interest factor for me, but outside of that, the vibro-stomp is probably one of the best vibrato/trem pedals out there.