Re: Pedals that BOSS still haven't got right and ones they've got right

Post by jorri » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:47 am

cestlamort wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:25 am
ryanthellama wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:06 am
hulakatt wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:27 am
I really like my DC-2w and it is not very subtle at all. I run mine towards the end of my chain with my delays. It's very much a kind of chorus but it's very much it's own thing, you're not getting these sounds from another box.
I primarily play through a Roland JC40 but I keep having a weird desire to still get a DC-2W, especially when I read stuff like this. Anyone have any experience with both a JC and the DC-2W? Would it be redundant or would I find different applications for both sounds?
The DC is a different sound than a the JC chorus, “static” and spacial rather than cyclical (JC = one wet speaker, one dry speaker, too). I’ve been running a Jc77 and Jc90 in stereo but use the DC as an (almost) always-on modulation (before delays and reverbs) rather than the amps’ chorus. Note that it is nowhere near as interesting in mono.
I was lucky enough to find an original back when they were cheap in pawn shops. I use the waza reissue on my board and I can’t hear any difference (in the four settings).
The CE-1 was essentially rehoused JC chorus. Quite a fast rate from when i used one so plausibly quite different. I used a TC dimension, which is mono, and the switches were noticable depth (do they start a movibg modulation of different delay times, who knows). Its a different pedal though. Their Juno chorus pedal looks interesting too though