Vibrato pedal that only LFOs flat?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Vibrato pedal that only LFOs flat?

Post by JSett » Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 pm

I thought I'd ask in here...

Is there a vibrato pedal on the market that can be set that the pitch change only goes to the flat and back again on the LFO rather than flat/sharp/flat/sharp?
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: Vibrato pedal that only LFOs flat?

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat May 29, 2021 9:35 am

No, I’m not aware of any Vibrato pedal that does this.

However, almost any pitchshifter with an LFO can.

I have 2 rack mounts and an Eventide pedal that have algorithms where you can set the amount of pitch shifts up and down with an LFO control.

I don’t set them flat only, but I might give it a try? Never thought of that before. I don’t always make them symmetrical though. For instance I have one setting that has : 17ms pre-delay | pitch-1 +5cents | pitch-2 -7cents | LFO speed 3.2 Hz. That’s more of a slow chorus than vibrato.

Asymmetrical shifts sound more interesting to me. Greater flat settings do sound darker, while greater sharp settings have more chime.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm

Not exactly sure what sound you’re going for, but maybe a simple detune pedal would work? No LFO, but you can pitch shift your signal down a few cents and get some cool sounds. Digitech Luxe, is one option there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P4FBDiFUW0Y

Same idea, but with LFO and more complex controls; maybe something like the Red Panda Particle, or Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl? The next step from there is going to be Eventide, either H9 or Pitchfactor.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Mon May 31, 2021 2:18 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm
Not exactly sure what sound you’re going for, but maybe a simple detune pedal would work? No LFO, but you can pitch shift your signal down a few cents and get some cool sounds. Digitech Luxe, is one option there
Its also that detuned notes will amplitude LFO themselves, due to 'beating'. A different sound, but they certainly dont remain static, the Hz difference is the rate, essentially because waves dont align and momentarily phase cancel.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon May 31, 2021 5:47 pm

jorri wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:18 pm
fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 pm
Not exactly sure what sound you’re going for, but maybe a simple detune pedal would work? No LFO, but you can pitch shift your signal down a few cents and get some cool sounds. Digitech Luxe, is one option there
Its also that detuned notes will amplitude LFO themselves, due to 'beating'. A different sound, but they certainly dont remain static, the Hz difference is the rate, essentially because waves dont align and momentarily phase cancel.
Yes, the Luxe and similar pedals create sounds from ADT to Univibe tones. Even pseudo 12 string.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Mon May 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not much into really complicated setups so anything that isn't a simple stomp confuses the hell out of me.

I don't think there's actually anything out there that does what I've got in my head, and I mostly use vibrato as a subtle background effect so I've decided just to stick with what I've got for now and live with it
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?