Incoming NPD - Does anyone have a Keeley Loomer?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
cpeck
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NPD - Does anyone have a Keeley Loomer?

Post by cpeck » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 am

I really like that pedal. The MBV setting is a little more crisp/clean than the actual SPX90 equivalent, but it is by far the closest pedal version around (outside of the Magicstomp, maybe?). That Zoom thing everyone likes has a similar sound but you can’t tweak the pre-delay the same way you can with the Loomer. The fuzz sounds are cool, but I’ve only used them on quick demos for preproduction.

shoule79
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NPD - Does anyone have a Keeley Loomer?

Post by shoule79 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:19 pm

I've had mine for about a year now. I was coming from an Alesis Quadraverb and Yamaha FX500 for my MBV/Slowdive sounds.

Overall its pretty good, the focus setting is really close and I like knobs to adjust it as opposed to menu diving. I was never a fan of the straight up hall reverbs on the Yamaha units, so i'm not too into the hall on the Loomer. I have started using it a bit for the shimmer, but its sitting on my board with a Web and Flint on either side of it, so its redundant. The reverse is good, but I liked it more on the Quadraverb. Again though, not menu diving is a plus. I also thought i'd never use the vibrato on this mode, but I do.

My favorite mode is focus. You get the Slowdive sounds, but dialing it right you can get into bands like Lush, Cocteau twins, the Verve (close enough to ChorusStrings), and Seventeen Seconds era Cure, etc. I do find that if you have a dedicated Chorus, Reverb and a dual delay like my Strymon DiG you can get these sounds with them, and have more control over the sounds.

Love the fuzz side. The full mode is my heavy fuzz wall. I prefer it to the many muff's i've owned through the years. Having a reverse reverb, soft focus, and not having to have a muff or my Rat dimed makes it well worth the board space.