I'm looking for a 19" multi fx: Lexicon MX-200?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I'm looking for a 19" multi fx: Lexicon MX-200?

Post by Zork » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am

I eventually put together my setup. I settled for the MX200 for its convinient user interface (lots of knobs, no menues), but combined it with the old Cosmic analog delay for some quirkiness. The rack is now a bit bigger and heavier than I would've liked, but all the pieces complement each other very well and I'm very satisfied. I actually use the Lexicon now more for modulations and do most of my reverb and delay with Cosmic but can do gigantic rooms or very slow delays if I want to. Thanks for all the input! :)

Nick and the Noise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Nick and the Noise » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am

That's quite the rack! The E-Mu Vintage Keys is a classic.

How do you find the MX-200 compares to that TC M350? I always wonder which one is better...

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:34 am

Nick and the Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am

How do you find the MX-200 compares to that TC M350? I always wonder which one is better...
Thank you. The TC is a G-Sharp which is a guitar orientated version of thd M350. I got it very, very cheap so I thought I'd give it a shot. Quite frankly, it's the most boring piece of gear I ever had. I only use it for some light plate reverb and occasionally a trem or phaser on a Rhodes sound from the E-Mu and that's okay. It gets the job done and sounds rather decent but it really isn't inspiring or a lot of fun to use. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

The MX200 has more and deeper controls, a wider range of sounds and is much more flexible, as there are two completely independent fx units. In the TC, there is one unit with mods and delays only and the second with reverb only. The sound quality is good with both the TC and the Lexicon. I'd say the Lexicon is a much better value for the money and if you wan't a multi fx unit with as much hands on control and live knob tweaking as possible there aren't many other contenders on the market.

ElephantDNA
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ElephantDNA » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Zork wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:34 am
Nick and the Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 am

Thank you. The TC is a G-Sharp which is a guitar orientated version of thd M350. I got it very, very cheap so I thought I'd give it a shot. Quite frankly, it's the most boring piece of gear I ever had. I only use it for some light plate reverb and occasionally a trem or phaser on a Rhodes sound from the E-Mu and that's okay. It gets the job done and sounds rather decent but it really isn't inspiring or a lot of fun to use. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

The MX200 has more and deeper controls, a wider range of sounds and is much more flexible, as there are two completely independent fx units. In the TC, there is one unit with mods and delays only and the second with reverb only. The sound quality is good with both the TC and the Lexicon. I'd say the Lexicon is a much better value for the money and if you wan't a multi fx unit with as much hands on control and live knob tweaking as possible there aren't many other contenders on the market.
Cool - glad it worked out!