VOX Delaylab BANK down problems

Everyone needs a stompbox.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: VOX Delaylab BANK down problems

Post by somanytoys » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 am

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, if I get down that far into the midi rabbit hole, that will be good to have at least 2 things using the same midi channels.

The only thing is that if I did dive that deep, I might look into more midi stuff and complicate the hell out of my life! haha
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

somanytoys wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:17 pm

The only other "practical" alternative (still a pain in the ass) that I can see is to program the patches and the banks in the ascending order that you want to use them, maybe even copying some of them over and over in successive patches and banks if necessary, so that you can get to them by just going up continually. It's not a good fix, but there doesn't appear to be a clear alternative.
on the same page here ... you can go with same banks after one and have 5 ... but still, "no bank down?"that's so dumb.

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

okay, now i read all the comments and it's clear multi dealy units should have midi...

i'm stuck with tap dancing cuz of that ... cuz it doesn't makes sense to me to switch on delay with FE looper and then switch preset on delay itself

but yea still concerned about if it is possible to do some mod (technically) to go bank down
main point is, you can get delaylab for around 100$ ps. for a time you could get korg sdd3000 for the same price ... but engaging boost to not loose delay volume wasn't working out for me as well, now its back to 300$ range

i came across pigtronix echolution pro yesterday on guitar center with it's switcher included for 170$ ... it was gone before i could blink my eyes ))

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 pm

thanks guys, i have second question to flashback x4 owners as well .

imagine flashback has 1 bank and 3 presets in total and toneprints right ? (forget toneprint )

for example i have saved preset A on A button and B on scond one,

and i changed tempo with tap on b and switched to a and changed tempo with tap as well

now if i turn the pedal itself off (with pushing again on A) on flashback

it will go to saved preset tempo right, but if you change tempo and won't turn off

the pedal ... just go trough different presets it will be on unless you change it...

i wonder if delaylab does that

to be simpler FE i changed tempo on A preset then switched to B, changed tempo of B preset as well and came back to A

without turning off the pedal (just inbetween) so on flashback recent changed tempos will stay saved until you turn it off.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:45 am

BW13 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm
okay, now i read all the comments and it's clear multi dealy units should have midi...

i'm stuck with tap dancing cuz of that ... cuz it doesn't makes sense to me to switch on delay with FE looper and then switch preset on delay itself

but yea still concerned about if it is possible to do some mod (technically) to go bank down
main point is, you can get delaylab for around 100$ ps. for a time you could get korg sdd3000 for the same price ... but engaging boost to not loose delay volume wasn't working out for me as well, now its back to 300$ range

i came across pigtronix echolution pro yesterday on guitar center with it's switcher included for 170$ ... it was gone before i could blink my eyes ))
Yeah, either midi or full control with the switches. Definite design flaw, I'd say.

Honestly, the only other thing I can think of, without knowing how to modify it to be able to go down, would be to try to insert an arduino into the hardware to do midi. I don't know that much about it, but it's something that I read about with the Meris 4 switch memory pedal for their pedals.

If you open it, it has a place that you can plug in an arduino in to program and use midi, but it's geared towards the DIY crowd, and the programming seems like it would be pretty involved (?). And that's with having a prepared slot and being able to plug the arduino directly in and go; having to figure out how to integrate one into existing hardware/wiring is another story. One for someone who knows what they're talking about with that kind of stuff, and how difficult it would be vs. being worth it. I just think it might be a possibility.

Pigtronix makes some nice stuff, I have their Infinity Looper & pedal, and their (with Mission Engineering) double expression pedal. If you're not looking to go through all of that extra work with the Vox, it may be worth the extra money to you to get the Pigtronix instead.
-David

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:04 pm

agree on pigtronix, still for 170 $ i think it was one time shot , though i'm keeping my eyes peeled

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:09 am

Yeah, their stuff is NOT cheap. Hopefully you can find another bargain come up and snag it. Good luck!
-David

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 pm

BW13
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BW13 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:37 am

still here still kickin'

up ?