Re: Interesting Effect Idea, electronics experts help me with this one!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Blobcaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Blobcaster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:47 pm

mezcalhead wrote:
StevenO wrote: You could put a wah in one of the effects loops and use both the wah and the fx loop/wah pedal, at the same time.
That would be like turning a wah up to eleven.

The echoczar really does look like an amazing beast .. how many of them the guy will manage to make before he runs out of the right chips or burns himself out is another matter. He's already had to put the price up once.
i think he's going to burn out first,from what i hear the chips he uses are current production BBDs and his prices now at $675 have alaways been that,$675.i've seen what you're talking about were he raised all these issues but i think he was just hyping his own shit  ::),he's a trip  :-\.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 pm

blobcaster wrote:
mezcalhead wrote:
StevenO wrote: You could put a wah in one of the effects loops and use both the wah and the fx loop/wah pedal, at the same time.
That would be like turning a wah up to eleven.

The echoczar really does look like an amazing beast .. how many of them the guy will manage to make before he runs out of the right chips or burns himself out is another matter. He's already had to put the price up once.
i think he's going to burn out first,from what i hear the chips he uses are current production BBDs and his prices now at $675 have alaways been that,$675.i've seen what you're talking about were he raised all these issues but i think he was just hyping his own shit  ::),he's a trip  :-\.
But it sounds so darn good...

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:15 pm

blobcaster wrote: i think he's going to burn out first,from what i hear the chips he uses are current production BBDs and his prices now at $675 have alaways been that,$675.i've seen what you're talking about were he raised all these issues but i think he was just hyping his own shit  ::),he's a trip  :-\.
I'd be interested to know what your source is for the BBD info, which I imagine he keeps pretty close to his chest. Do you know someone who's been poking around inside their echoczar? .. I'm not even sure whether he gloops his boards or not.

I don't know what you mean about the price .. it was one price and now it's more expensive .. no?
StevenO wrote: But it sounds so darn good...
The clips on the site sound promising .. but I'm wary of judging anything given the inherent limitations of my (or any) computer speakers. Have you heard it in person?
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

Blobcaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Blobcaster » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:29 am

mezcalhead wrote:
blobcaster wrote: i think he's going to burn out first,from what i hear the chips he uses are current production BBDs and his prices now at $675 have alaways been that,$675.i've seen what you're talking about were he raised all these issues but i think he was just hyping his own shit  ::),he's a trip  :-\.
I'd be interested to know what your source is for the BBD info, which I imagine he keeps pretty close to his chest. Do you know someone who's been poking around inside their echoczar? .. I'm not even sure whether he gloops his boards or not.

I don't know what you mean about the price .. it was one price and now it's more expensive .. no?
i asked,he told me new production BBDs.Analogman had one on loan  and he poked around in it and confirmed the use of Chinese BBDs,he also went so far as to to say it sucked or maybe that was Howard Davies but all those dudes got into it on a couple  message boards and shit went everywhere,no one looked good  :'(.only place you might be able to dig it up is off HC and their search is down ::),TGP and Analogman forum threads have been deleted.it has always been $675,been on the list since 2005,i can definitely tell you it does not suck,got one used awhile back off a friend,i've taken the back off but the board is huge & barely fits in the enclosure, that's as far as i went.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:07 am

Ah yeah, I remember catching the tail end of that now. I suppose a google search of HC might bring it up although my quick attempt just now was not promising.

I've been on the list since '05 also, and I've basically given up on hoping for it .. if it comes, it comes .. if not I'll just get something else like a Memory Lane or Moog when the time comes that I absolutely have to replace my Reel-Echo.

I'm surprised to see the price hasn't changed on his site .. he did say it would increase shortly, even for people who'd been on the pre-order list for a while.

Glad to hear it doesn't suck, anyway!
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.