Anybody use/used a Diago Pedalboard?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Anybody use/used a Diago Pedalboard?

Post by JSett » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 am

No matter how hard I tried, Ive outgrown the cheap little pedalboard I only recently bought already (plus, its kinda already falling apart ::) serves me right for buying cheap I guess).

Looking at what Ive got, and what Ive got coming, plus what I have planned, Im gonna need something at least 35" x 16". There's not a lot of choice over here in the UK but the Diago ones look pretty good. The do one called the 'tourman' that's 40" x 18" (ie: massive) that you can find around for about £130.

Has anyone got one of their boards or had experiences with them in the past? I dont wanna fork out £130 just to have it fall apart before Ive even gigged!

Last edited by JSett on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnnyseven
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anybody use/used a Diago Pedalboard?

Post by Johnnyseven » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:41 am

I've not used Diago pedalboards so don't know much about them, other than they're really heavy. However I have a Spider Professional Pedalboard for sale if you're interested. The board is 72 x 40 cm in size, comes in a flightcase too. When you buy these new the boards come flat to the bottom of the case which is pretty much useless, however I put feet on mine to raise it up - you can also route cables underneath it. The board in mine does have a lot of holes in it from screwing pedals down and holes for routeing cables but I only want £40 for it. Let me know if interested.

lamp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by lamp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 am

I've got a Diago Showman which I gigged for 4 years or so, never had any issue. Built really well, solid as hell. Never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

drella3507
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by drella3507 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm

I've got a gigman and a showman, pretty decent boards, the showman is tad on the heavy side when it's full of pedals, solid and well put together, there were a few for sale on gumtree uf you want to save some cash, guitarguitar were selling the trailer trash pedal boards for a bit, dunno if they still are, ment to be pretty decent. Also check out the diago power supply, super small and powers tons of pedals.

thom23
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by thom23 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I have nothing but good things to say about the Diago brand. I use a Gigman and a Powerstation and they both have never failed me, throughout many rehearsals and gigs. My only qualm is that its really heavy (what with all the pedals), though I suppose I have to resign myself to the fact that I'm in an industry where carrying heavy objects is a necessity!

El Pr0n
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by El Pr0n » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 am

Also looking at these for an upgrade. I've got a Warwick Rockcase and the thing is too heavy for its own structural integrity, when it's full of gear it actually bends itself open under the strain of the load.

Look like really great boards, but so do the NYC Pedalboards ones. Can't decide...

At this stage price doesn't really put me off. I've had my fill of cheap gear, I kinda think, buy the best option possible and it'll last me for ages, maybe I'll never need another one (save deciding I want a new size or something). A decent board is a good investment.
There is no problem so bad that you can't make it worse.

Matias Moulin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Matias Moulin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:50 am

I have just bought a used Diago Showman as a middle grade, because my mate has one for about seven years and gigged it heavily without any complaints since. It still looks mint. Meanwhile my Spider Case started to make problems with loose hardware, because it is riveted. The Diago hardware is screwed to the board which means you can fix it. The Showman is perfect for me because you can fit in a few more pedals than just the basic stuff and it is still an ok size for small stages. The dimensions are perfect, longer and less wide. And they look great but this is of course a matter of taste.

Mr.K
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mr.K » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

Inherited one of these from our old guitarist. Rock solid, really well built if a little on the heavy side. Would buy a second one in a heartbeat.

ColonelK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ColonelK » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:57 pm

I recently purchased a new old stock Gigman on Reverb. So far, so good. I wanted one of these years ago, but WOW I was broke.

Oh, and out of curiosity, does Diago still manufacture pedalboards? I found their name on the British government's business register, but my knowledge of business and tax law is non-existent.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/06169811

GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GreenKnee » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:00 am

I have a Diego Tourman, currently use it as pedal storage and a desk top. I've owned it for 10+ years now.
It's HUGE but doesn't use it's space all that practically. Cable routing and power supplies havd to be on top so it isn't the neatest looking board. It's heavy, very heavy when loaded up with everything and not that practical. The hoop material on the bottom isn't the best and so you can't store the board upright without pedals falling off.

Honestly, the pedaltrain boards are far superior (for my tastes). The power supply can be stashed underneath along with power cables and patch leads when needed. This allows for a smaller physical board which is able to fit on the same amount of pedals.

You can plan your board with something like this and see what fits best: https://www.pedalplayground.com/

For reference, my board is a Pedaltrain Jr MAX and can fit on a good number of pedals incl. a wah and volume pedal.

And found a picture of my Diego Tourman from back when I was using it. I was using a onespot thing then and so there's no power supply on there, but there is a 4-gang extension.

There are more pedals on the smaller board than the Diego!

sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sessylU » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:57 am

I've been using a Tourman for years. Think I managed to get it for about £100, can't really remember.

It's great. It's about the right size for me in that I can put loads on it, but I do have to make decisions about what I leave out, so I can't go silly.

It's pretty heavy when fully laden, but then it will be, because it's a whole load of metal boxes. Also, everything is heavy, so there's that.

a total idiot jackass

sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sessylU » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:17 pm

GreenKnee wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:00 am
The hoop material on the bottom isn't the best and so you can't store the board upright without pedals falling off.
This is a good shout. Mine kept coming away from that board and I put it down to it being second hand and presumably having something spilt on it. I got a can of heavy duty spray adhesive and that sorted it (although you have to be careful not to saturate the fabric and ruin the pile).

Mine is fine now and nothing comes off it.
a total idiot jackass

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:35 pm

my bandmate had one and my one memory of it was being very heavy even before they put any pedals on it.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

ColonelK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ColonelK » Wed May 17, 2023 2:11 pm

A few Diago pedal boards popped up on a recent Google search. (Posted links in the Guitar Shop and Library board)

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sun May 21, 2023 3:58 pm

This thread comes around less frequently than the Olympics.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.