surprise NPD Bananana Matryoska bass synth wackiness

Everyone needs a stompbox.
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

surprise NPD Bananana Matryoska bass synth wackiness

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:05 pm

When I got home from work today there was a package waiting for me. Confused, I opened it up and it was one of these.

I am not one to partake in substances and order things on the internet, and I know I never mentioned anything about being interested in one of these to my wife, only my bandmates.

So, I texted them and sure enough one of them found one online and had it shipped to me. Pretty awesome.

The interface is a bit intimidating with all those tiny pots, but I’m really looking forward to digging into it.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: surprise NPD Bananana Matryoska bass synth wackiness

Post by Zork » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:16 am

You have cool bandmates! :-*

I had a Matryoska before. By far the most usable synth pedal I ever had and I had quite a few: Boss SYB-3 and SYB-5, Digitech Synth Wah, Digitech Dirty Robot, EHX Micro Synthesizer, Line6 FM-4 and one more I can't recall atm.

Eventually I always prefered to combine fuzz, modulations, octavers, ring mods and filters and now I only have the FM4 and the Microsynth left. The Matryoska was outstanding, though. I might get one of those again. They shipped it with Japanese newspapers as packing material which I thought was pretty cool...
:D
Dirty Robot is good, too, but has an annoying volume drop.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:39 am

Zork wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:16 am
You have cool bandmates! :-*

I had a Matryoska before. By far the most usable synth pedal I ever had and I had quite a few: Boss SYB-3 and SYB-5, Digitech Synth Wah, Digitech Dirty Robot, EHX Micro Synthesizer, Line6 FM-4 and one more I can't recall atm.
For sure. This is an amazing gift.

I’m looking forward to digging into it. This will be almost exclusively for getting weird on bass. We are a 3 piece and have a few songs where some wall shaking squishy synth sounds will be fun.

skeletonsmith
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by skeletonsmith » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:10 am

Pedals from Bananana are really cool. I own the Aurora Pitch Shift Delay and you can do so much crazy Stuff with it.
I'd wish there would be a a Way to save Presets.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:20 am

Finally tried it at practice last night. It’s bonkers.

I need to get to know the controls more, but I was able to get pretty close to the sound in my head, which is a glitchy octave down thing sitting under my unaffected bass sound.

It makes me want to get a drum machine just so I can mangle it with this.