Digital Delay with tap/subdivisions and simple interface?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Digital Delay with tap/subdivisions and simple interface?

Post by sessylU » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:26 am

I seem to keep recommending Line 6 products as the cheap, unpopular choice, but the M5 is excellent for delays and modulation.

Ignore all the iffy drives, have fun distracting yourself with the weird synth settings, but use the delays.
a total idiot jackass

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 am

cestlamort wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:04 am
An old boss dd20 might fit the bill and pop up for just a bit over $100 fairly regularly.
DD-20 would be my suggestion, too. Incredibly versatile and reliable. If you want a smaller pedal: how about the Empress Tape Delay?

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 pm

There’s a new option fresh to the block:

Walrus Audio D-1

https://www.walrusaudio.com/products/m ... ereo-delay

(+)Tap delay, divisions, several delay models, small footprint and simple controls!

(-) Brand new, so is it good? Probably, Walrus Audio, It’s not cheap at $299, so in the Meris/Source Audio realm.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 pm
There’s a new option fresh to the block:

Walrus Audio D-1

https://www.walrusaudio.com/products/m ... ereo-delay

(+)Tap delay, divisions, several delay models, small footprint and simple controls!

(-) Brand new, so is it good? Probably, Walrus Audio, It’s not cheap at $299, so in the Meris/Source Audio realm.
Oh damn, look at that.

I love how sensibly everything is laid out too. Might have to keep an eye out for it...
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Fender Reflecting Pool (delay & reverb)
Probably @$300 USD

BlueSparkle
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlueSparkle » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Digital Delay is absolutely one of those "you get what you pay for" instances.

That is not to say you have to spend big - no that is not what I mean.

I mean to say trust a reputable brand with a long established track record and competitive price. *cough roland cough*

DD7,DSD-2 sampling delay, DD20 Gigadelay, DD200, DD500, the RE20 (re-201 in a COSM engine pedal) or something vintage.... ALL of them are epic and have the signature sound of 'boss' delay. Tap tempo on the gigadelay, dd500, dd200 and re20 as well.

Then there are the boutiques - most have already been mentioned. Free the Tone is one which hasn't been though... that Flight Time delay pedal is all kinds of spectacular and pricey...

My personal preference is for the Empress Echosystem, because it is a dual engine, which you can stack or parallel mono or run stereo, and it is totally awesome. It also costs a fair chunk, but again, you get what you pay for, right?

I'm not a Strymon fan. I have strymon gear, but it always seems to fall short on the things I am looking for - and that is a 100% personal thing. Strymon make good gear - it just doesn't work for me in my space.

I'm also not a huge Digital delay fan, but do appreciate digital control of an analog signal for more fidelity.

Having said all that, I'm right back on my love of analog delay and bought an echofix tape delay. it's worlds apart and the clarity is incredible.
:o)
----
'95 JDMJMCS Blue Sparkle w/ McNelly 46/58's.
other non-offsets.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:45 pm

soggy mittens wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:21 pm
EHX Grand Canyon?
I'm really interested in one for my bass rig. I could use it for looper, delay, and a standalone reverb too. Anyone try a Grand Canyon yet?
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:44 am

I haven't, unfortunately, but I'm very curious!

Also just discovered that the Keeley Eccos exists and man does that check a lot of boxes...

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:21 pm

I found a couple reviews that I really liked, but I didn't see any opinions that swayed me on the Grand Canyon one way or the other, so I just went for it. I worry about liking the DSP thing, as I've never liked DSP pedals, but the possibility of having multiple delay types, reverb, and a looper in one box, especially since I'm trying to keep my bass board as svelte as possible, is really hard to pass up.

I heard from one of the reps at Prymaxe that EHX is way behind on their production. I imagine that they aren't in production at the moment, but I'm not sure. A lot of new EHX stuff is out of stock. I found a brand new one (normally $273) on Reverb for $220 shipped. Fingers crossed that I like it!!
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

ElephantDNA
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ElephantDNA » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:39 pm

For what you're talking about, I would probably also suggest the nemesis by source audio. One delay that I like that I don't see many people talk about is the Tech 21 DLA. It doesn't have the advanced subdivision control though.

I have the wampler faux echo as well and can sign off on it being an excellent delay. But probably not exactly what you want here. Of course many of the boss products could fill this role as well.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:50 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:21 pm
I found a couple reviews that I really liked, but I didn't see any opinions that swayed me on the Grand Canyon one way or the other, so I just went for it. I worry about liking the DSP thing, as I've never liked DSP pedals, but the possibility of having multiple delay types, reverb, and a looper in one box, especially since I'm trying to keep my bass board as svelte as possible, is really hard to pass up.

I heard from one of the reps at Prymaxe that EHX is way behind on their production. I imagine that they aren't in production at the moment, but I'm not sure. A lot of new EHX stuff is out of stock. I found a brand new one (normally $273) on Reverb for $220 shipped. Fingers crossed that I like it!!
Quick update: my EHX Grand Canyon came the other and I played with it for a bit. VERY cool and versatile pedal. The looper feels just like my newly bought EHX 720 looper which I like, all the modes are pretty fun and sound good too, even the shimmer (which is something I've never cared for before). Every delay type has the option for a preset, which I find very neat too. I'm surprised how much I liked the sound, as I've never really gotten on with DSP pedals before. I had a couple of the double Mooer pedals, and an early Strymon Blue Sky, and both sounded lifeless to me, but this middle of the road EHX sounds good. Haha. I'm not terribly impressed with the reverb so far, but there's only a single reverb type and I didn't mess with it all that much. Honestly, if the reverb part sucks (as a reverb, since it's more of a delay sound), that's ok, since it's multiple delay types AND a looper in a pedal that's physically smaller than I was expecting. Stereo outs, expression, and foot controller switch. VERY neat option for delay.

stilwel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stilwel » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 am

Futuron wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:23 pm
Fender Reflecting Pool (delay & reverb)
Probably @$300 USD
YESSSSS....this is a really fun pedal with LOADS of great sounds. Plus you get TWO delays that are always related to the tap.

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:09 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:50 am
Quick update: my EHX Grand Canyon came the other and I played with it for a bit. VERY cool and versatile pedal. The looper feels just like my newly bought EHX 720 looper which I like, all the modes are pretty fun and sound good too, even the shimmer (which is something I've never cared for before). Every delay type has the option for a preset, which I find very neat too. I'm surprised how much I liked the sound, as I've never really gotten on with DSP pedals before. I had a couple of the double Mooer pedals, and an early Strymon Blue Sky, and both sounded lifeless to me, but this middle of the road EHX sounds good. Haha. I'm not terribly impressed with the reverb so far, but there's only a single reverb type and I didn't mess with it all that much. Honestly, if the reverb part sucks (as a reverb, since it's more of a delay sound), that's ok, since it's multiple delay types AND a looper in a pedal that's physically smaller than I was expecting. Stereo outs, expression, and foot controller switch. VERY neat option for delay.
Kinda jealous, I've eyed that pedal so hard, it even looks good. I don't think I'll ever sway from my boss dd7s tho, I've tried but I always come back. Been gassing super hard for the oceans 12 tho, I love my catherdral but it has a bung on/off so I have to run it in a boss ls-2 (which has its own perks) replacing that with the oceans 12 would free up some real estate but the price tag is insanity, pushing us$320+ with shipping and tax here, painful. :(
If OSG has tort me anything...

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:51 am

soggy mittens wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:09 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:50 am
Kinda jealous, I've eyed that pedal so hard, it even looks good. I don't think I'll ever sway from my boss dd7s tho, I've tried but I always come back. Been gassing super hard for the oceans 12 tho, I love my catherdral but it has a bung on/off so I have to run it in a boss ls-2 (which has its own perks) replacing that with the oceans 12 would free up some real estate but the price tag is insanity, pushing us$320+ with shipping and tax here, painful. :(
Damn that's expensive with taxes and shit!! I was kinda looking at the Oceans 12 after I started messing with the Grand Canyon and realized how much I like it. The platform can do so much...

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 am

Finally listened to the majority of you guys and picked up a Nemesis this week. Sounds pretty awesome and is ticking a lot of boxes so far. Will keep everyone posted, of course...

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS