Post pics of your entire pedal collection!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
rhythmjones
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Post pics of your entire pedal collection!

Post by rhythmjones » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 am

So I just made some major changes to my entire rig.

Running the Mooer GE200 floor unit as my amp now. I didn't like taking my vintage Ampeg around town anymore, and I'd tried a couple pedal amps into a 2x10 I have and none of it was satisfatory.

I never thought I'd be a floor-unit guy, but, I'm getting older, I have a bad back, and a tiny car, plus not wanting to take the vintage amp out... And here we are.

Second change is the OBNE Signal Blender. I always run the C9 with the compressor on, so they are on a loop, and I always run the Fab Tone and Dispatch Master together, so they are on a loop. I can turn each loop on with only one stomp apiece. A real tap-dance saver.

Lastly, I've added the Omec Teleport which allows me to use VSTs as guitar effects while putting them through my pedalboard. And I can also play Software instruments through my guitar pedalboard. I didn't want to just run a laptop rig, I wanted to run my real rig, but inject VSTs and software instruments into the pedals I know and love, and it's awesome.

I've been playing drum beats into the Mooer's looper then playing guitar over that for one man band stuff and it's cool af. I use the MIDI controllers to play the soft-synths.

- Mitch

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:30 pm

I recently disassembled my bigger board(s) and have all the pedals on shelves at the moment. I kind of stepped back and thought, shit, this has gotten out of hand. A few pedals are lying other places around the house and I still have a Lehle SGOS amp switcher on the way (for the left corner of the actual board on the floor... the Memory Lane isn't actually part of that setup).
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Now that's a fantastic collection! :?

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:07 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:30 pm
I recently disassembled my bigger board(s) and have all the pedals on shelves at the moment. I kind of stepped back and thought, shit, this has gotten out of hand. A few pedals are lying other places around the house and I still have a Lehle SGOS amp switcher on the way (for the left corner of the actual board on the floor... the Memory Lane isn't actually part of that setup).
there's so many pedals there i wanna try.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 am

Zork wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm
Hell yeah! Most people show off what they have and I see 2-3 pedals that I might want. Justin shows off his and there’s a dozen or more that I would want.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

Wow Justin!! :o :o

Talk about an incredible collection there!!! :-* :-* :-*
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:47 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 am
Zork wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm
Hell yeah! Most people show off what they have and I see 2-3 pedals that I might want. Justin shows off his and there’s a dozen or more that I would want.
zhivago wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

Thanks!! I've sold a lot of stuff over the last couple years but there's still plenty lying around. I am glad to say that I do use almost everything. It's nice to put a little rig together for a bit, tear it apart and repeat. As I've gotten older it finally sunk in that there is no "best" pedal of any certain type... just different nuances and capabilities. Rather than always selling one to buy another, I have been trying to hold on to what I have. Some of those pedals I've bought and sold 3, 4 or more times :fp: I am trying to avoid maintaining that trend!
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:42 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:47 am
zhivago wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

Thanks!! I've sold a lot of stuff over the last couple years but there's still plenty lying around. I am glad to say that I do use almost everything. It's nice to put a little rig together for a bit, tear it apart and repeat. As I've gotten older it finally sunk in that there is no "best" pedal of any certain type... just different nuances and capabilities. Rather than always selling one to buy another, I have been trying to hold on to what I have. Some of those pedals I've bought and sold 3, 4 or more times :fp: I am trying to avoid maintaining that trend!
Oh man, I've been there with the buying and selling of certain pedals multiple times...and every time I re-buy, the price has gone up! :fp:

I think having a library of stuff to pull from to put together rigs and then tear them down keeps things fresh.

I have the "band board" which is sort of cast in stone, but my secondary "home board" is constantly in a state of flux! :D
Resident Spartan.

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm

So... this was just all the fuzz I had at the start of the pandemic. I have much more now and possibly a problem?

Well, I did sell the Carcosa...

She/Her

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 am

hulakatt wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm
So... this was just all the fuzz I had at the start of the pandemic. I have much more now and possibly a problem?

Impressive! If you were to pick one, what would it be?
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:44 am

aside from the MXR Distortion +, which I've had since the 90's, this is three years of accumulation:

hulakatt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hulakatt » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:42 pm

sal paradise wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 am
hulakatt wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm

Impressive! If you were to pick one, what would it be?
I gigged the Tone Bender MKII for a long time with a tele and a 5e3. The Octane and BJFe Candy Blue are both amazing octave fuzzes and both remarkably musical. The AcidTone Buzz Face is my favorite visually and my favorite sonically might have to be the Vintage Technologies Orange Sunshine. I dunno, it's a hard choice. The Hartman Vintage Ge is one of the best Fuzz Faces I've ever played too, up there with AnalogMan stuff and I have a bunch of that now too.

They're all just tools for creating art. Some transcend that into being art themselves but that's all musical instruments, I guess.
She/Her

rhythmjones
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rhythmjones » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am

- Mitch

hexes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hexes » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:53 pm

need a new board to fit my zoom cd-r, multi-band compressor, boss hm-2 clone, and switcher. unlabeled guy is a byoc parametric eq. not bad, a bit hissy though. saving up for an empress para-eq.

the acorn tma-1 in Hal 9000 clothing is my favorite looking pedal,

Ftoronado
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Ftoronado » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:03 am

rhythmjones wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am
Nice set-up ! How do you find the OBNE blender ? Do you have some hiss with it ?