Anyone get a Blackheart from the fat guy in the red suit? (not john goodman)

Make it loud here.
bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Anyone get a Blackheart from the fat guy in the red suit? (not john goodman)

Post by bish » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I keep hearing about this Blackheart stack and that for the $250 it's a really good low watt tube amp.

http://www.blackhearteng.com/

Just curious if anyone has picked one up yet. I bought the cheapest Marshall MG for a practice amp with my Baritone HH because that was all I could really afford at the time, but I got a little bit more money for Christmas then I thought I was going too so now I'm considering returning the Marshall and ordering one of these. Wondering if the Baritone HH would sound good through it.

Edit: I should add everyone is out of stock of this. Most places say late January is when they will get in their next shipment.

-bish
"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

Libertine
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anyone get a Blackheart from the fat guy in the red suit? (not john goodman)

Post by Libertine » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 pm

i really like these amps, i recently played my jagtone through one of the combos and it sounded great.
i'm looking into getting the stack.

really nice quality, and price.
"Best Post ever? " - greyman on some sexy mods

northern_dirt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anyone get a Blackheart from the fat guy in the red suit? (not john goodman)

Post by northern_dirt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:02 am

Any links to online resellers?
'cleanest, best pleasure'

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:11 am

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

northern_dirt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by northern_dirt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:40 pm

cool.. combos for $250..
I will have to keep an eye out for it
'cleanest, best pleasure'

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Yeah the combos seem pretty easy to find. The stacks just look so nice though.

-bish

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Just found Blackheart Engineerings Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =271339621
in the blog section it says:

"At this Year's NAMM (Anaheim, CA January) and MESSE (Frankfurt, Germany-March) Trade Shows, the amp elves at BHE plan to unleash five new models unto an unsuspecting public, no doubt leading to the eventual downfall of civilization but no faster than watching "The Hill" will lower our collective IQ to a point where we should probably be disposed of anyway. Drop by our photos and check out the Killer Ant (and spiffy matching Killer Cab) fractional watt, Class A Head and the 15W, Class A Handsome Devil Head (also coming in a 12" combo)"

There are pictures in the photo area of the 15 watt and the "killer Ant"

Maybe I'll wait a bit and see what else they have coming out.

-bish

the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by the older brother » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm

We actually dig the skanky chicks in the front row.
;D

Just eyeballed thru the first posts and their homepage...looking cool anyway!
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Yeah they definitely have a good sense of humor if only you could tell how good their equipment is by their style and humor lol.

If you keep refreshing there are different fortunes on their front page,

My favorites are:

"Desperately hoping to be modeled"

"No animals were harmed in the making of these amps... but man, if we ever get the chance."

and

"jim Marshall wants us dead"

-bish

Libertine
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Libertine » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:43 pm

a 15 watt?

and i thought the 5 watt was pretty loud.
this company looks really promising.
"Best Post ever? " - greyman on some sexy mods

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:19 am

Since this amp is made by Crate, what are people impressions of Crate (not just this amp but in general)? It seems like I see a lot of snide off hand remarks about crate in forums and such.  But then when I look at reviews they seem to get pretty good ones. Just curious what the real deal is :)

-bish

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:41 am

Crate has made a lot of crappy amps over the years, particularly back in the solid state days.  Much of their reputation is based off of that.  This is obviously an attempt by Crate to market inexpensive amplifiers under a new brand without the baggage associated with the Crate name.

The clip of the amp is less then impressive but it's hard to really judge based on a  random youtube video.

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:46 pm

I was just curious not only because of this amp but some of the current Crate V Series amps  seems to get pretty good online reviews as well as some of the Palamino amps also by Crate.

Youtube really is a bad way to judge something hehe.  Once they are more available I'll to check one out in person.

-bish

bish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:41 pm