Tiny Terror

Make it loud here.
ugly casanova
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tiny Terror

Post by ugly casanova » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 am

k o y l wrote: But why do you think the Vox will sound more trebly ?
i dont know. i just wondered why anyone would choose specifically a vox-cab.
it was just subjective, i thought a vox sounds more trebly and 'ringing' while an orange-amp has more middle presence.

in fact i have no idea how strong a cab affects the sound. ::)

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:08 am

Killamangiro* wrote:
k o y l wrote: But why do you think the Vox will sound more trebly ?
i dont know. i just wondered why anyone would choose specifically a vox-cab.
it was just subjective, i thought a vox sounds more trebly and 'ringing' while an orange-amp has more middle presence.
The thing is the modern Orange cab are loaded with Vintage 30s and I just hate the sound of V30s.
The other thing is the typical Vox sound is caracterized by Celestion Blue alnico speakers but  this particular Vox cab I' buy (I bought actually... I wait for it now) is loaded with speakers that emulates the sound of G12H-30, not even close to the Blues Alnicos. The G12H30 are for exemple found in 4x12 1970 Marshall cabs.
Killamangiro* wrote:
in fact i have no idea how strong a cab affects the sound. ::)
Too bad I deleted the little soundclips I recorded in order to help me to compare different speakers use with the same amp (I did them with the Vox tonelab but this gave a good idea)..
I can tell you that the bad speaker can make you hate an amp you'd love with another speaker. I even tend to think speakers are even more important than the amp actually... well maybe not.. but it's as important for sure.
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:24 pm

My mind today:
Tiny Terror + vintage fender 2X12 closed back cab... :?
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?