anyone know who in the UK rebuilds speakers?

Make it loud here.
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

anyone know who in the UK rebuilds speakers?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:14 pm

it's coming time to rebuild my fanes and my traynor speaker. who does this stuff? most of what i get on google is for hifi's.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: anyone know who in the UK rebuilds speakers?

Post by MechaBulletBill » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:33 pm

i've spoken with recones.com, there's also wembley loudspeaker. anyone with the correct replacement cones etc should be able to do the fanes.

what's the traynor driver? if it's a marsland then general consensus is that anything else is an improvement. i like the jensen neodymium in my traynor a lot! i'd put them in everything if they were cheaper.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:24 am

I have it from a reputable source that a steady build-up of layers of tissue paper with watered-down PVA is as good as a recone, if you want to make do and mend.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:06 am

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:33 pm
i've spoken with recones.com, there's also wembley loudspeaker. anyone with the correct replacement cones etc should be able to do the fanes.

what's the traynor driver? if it's a marsland then general consensus is that anything else is an improvement. i like the jensen neodymium in my traynor a lot! i'd put them in everything if they were cheaper.
i'm not super fussed about the traynor since it currently has a fane in it. it doesn't suit the amp but i kinda just want my other 2 fanes rebuilt more. i might look into the jensen just as a drop in replacement.
UlricvonCatalyst wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:24 am
I have it from a reputable source that a steady build-up of layers of tissue paper with watered-down PVA is as good as a recone, if you want to make do and mend.
i did that with an old celestion rocket and it worked but it wasn't great.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'