Make it loud here.
sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NAD - Friedman BE-Mini

Post by sal paradise » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 pm

MrShake wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:43 pm
I know SOUND is what matters most, and it seems like you dig the sound.

That rig LOOKS unassailably awesome. Play on like a badass.

Congrats, my man. It kicks ass, makes YOU happy, and not a modeler in sight.

Welcome back to madness. 8)
Thanks, so much happier with this than my previous setups (Blackstar ht15 with 2x12 & a Marshall dal5 combo).

It’ll do me while I figure out the amp I really want. And yaah it looks fun, and sounds fun. Definitely got your influence all over it- an amp that solves of my problems & it was £130. Also sounds better than the two tube amps I got rid of.

And £30 delay pedals are awesome - 100% have you to thank for that 8)
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:01 am

That looks so cool! Must be tons of fun! :-* 8)
Resident Spartan.

MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrShake » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:37 pm

sal paradise wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 pm
MrShake wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:43 pm
I know SOUND is what matters most, and it seems like you dig the sound.

That rig LOOKS unassailably awesome. Play on like a badass.

Congrats, my man. It kicks ass, makes YOU happy, and not a modeler in sight.

Welcome back to madness. 8)
Thanks, so much happier with this than my previous setups (Blackstar ht15 with 2x12 & a Marshall dal5 combo).

It’ll do me while I figure out the amp I really want. And yaah it looks fun, and sounds fun. Definitely got your influence all over it- an amp that solves of my problems & it was £130. Also sounds better than the two tube amps I got rid of.

And £30 delay pedals are awesome - 100% have you to thank for that 8)
Hey, whatever influence I have, I just love seeing people happy without feeling the NEED to have the "right" pedal. Just find something great that sounds good and have fun tearing things up. And you can take it places without hiring it a bodyguard.

To get ponderous for a moment, when one buys expensive gear, there's often an expectation of perfection that can leave one disappointed if perfect expectations aren't met. But when one spends $30 on a delay or classic fuzz clone, and it totally does what it's supposed to or bats out of it's league, there's a glee I get from sounding so good and knowing it's me, not how much I spent on tone. I mean, you've gotta find the wheat among the chaff, like a great Friedman that didn't cost an arm and a leg, or a great version of a Muff or Rat or something. But then those secret finds makes me play more and play more engaged, not critically looking for "shortcomings" in a particular purchase.

Now, there's some pricey stuff that's totally worth it, I'm not being a budget warrior. But if you're turning up that Friedman and a few budget pedals that sound good, and conjuring up magic? It's YOU, homie.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:28 am

That looks like a fun machine! Enjoy!

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:47 am

The only problem is there’s too much gain.

Dialling back to 2 for a clean-ish sound so I can play with the fuzz means the fuzz has lost its massiveness. And using it with lower gain on top the amp drive gets messy really quick.

That said, I cannot fault this little amp for the money it cost. Well worth checking out any of these teeny heads if you want an aggressive Marshall sound for cheap.
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?