NAD!

Make it loud here.
jazzyjeff
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

NAD!

Post by jazzyjeff » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:12 am

Hi All,

I've been planning to get a larger amp for a while now. For the last few years I've made do with a Fender Blues Junior. I'm not a fan of Marshalls so I was looking at a bigger Fender amp or potentially a Vox AC30. A local music store had two Fenders on their website. A Supersonic 22 combo and a Customer Vibrolux Reverb. After Christmas I was planning to pay them a visit, play both and see which would I liked but I was leaning towards the Vibrolux. Another one close by had a Supro Black Magick reverb which had also peaked my interest so last week I planned to set out and playthem all and pull the trigger on one.

So, before leaving the house I called the store to double-check that they had both Fender amps. Unfortunately their website hadn’t been updated and they didn’t have either amps. The only Fender tube amp was a Princeton Reverb, a great amp, both not what I was looking for and not much of a change from m,y Blues Junior. So rather than the day being a bust, I drove to the second store to test the Supro Black Magick reverb and I also knew they had a Vox AC30. I picked an American Performer Tele off the wall as I own one myself and proceeded to give the Supro a solid run through. To say I was blown away would be an understatement. The overdriven tones were exactly what I wanted. The tube driven reverb and tremolo was perfection to me. Needless to say I ended up pulling the trigger on it. The Vox wasn't given a second thought. The Supro is a hell of a thing. I was looking for an amp I can plug a guitar straight into and this is the one.

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NAD!

Post by windmill » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:28 am

congratulations

It looks the business !

:)

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NAD!

Post by sal paradise » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:39 am

Great amps. And they look amazing. Nice choice!
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?