Recommendation DIY attenuator build

Make it loud here.
alberto2000
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Recommendation DIY attenuator build

Post by alberto2000 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:56 am

Hi all

I'm about to receive the Swart Night Light Jr. to use with my Fender SF Champ which has a Weber Signature Speaker and is 5W, 3.2ohm.

But I can't get the idea out of my head to build my own attenuator - having read some of this thread https://www.marshallforum.com/threads/s ... ing.98285/ it seems this build mus sound superb ...

Do you have any other recommendations for a DIY attenuator to use with such low wattage amps?

Thanks

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Recommendation DIY attenuator build

Post by Tafarel » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:40 am

I don't have any other ideas about attenuators, but the JohnH is the real deal. It's not too hard to build if you have even basic soldering skills. I know that's all I possess and I was able to build one. Sadly, I included it when I sold my Bluesbreaker.

It is equal or better to what I am using now. I really don't like soldering, however.

I now have the ToneKing Ironman II mini that I use with my Marshall SV20H. For about $375 it's a fantastic attenuator. Highly recommended.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."