Marshall vintage cabinet (edit, pics added)??..Some questions for the connoisseurs....

Make it loud here.
ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Marshall vintage cabinet (edit, pics added)??..Some questions for the connoisseurs....

Post by ohm-men » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:45 am

Last friday I picked up an old 4x10" cab for cheap. Sounded pretty darn good... (Although I got really strange readings from the speakers, So these will heve to be cheacked out)
Strange thing that I've never seen an angled cab like that. But then I realised it's most likely the top part of the old 8x10 cab...
The handles of this cab are in a strange place....

I took the cab appart and dismounted the speakers, 2 have no reading whatsoever, the others measure around 14.2 K. (there is a 15 Ohm stap on the frames, so I guess it's about right;
The wiring was shot, so I need to redo this anyway. From what I read here and there these speakers are 10 watt's each as the full cab is rated 80 watts, but I only have half of it.

Not all speakers are funtional, but at least two are.
They speakers are celestion 10" marked 7472. I think 2 have been reconed at some time.
There are some stamps on the back of the "paper" cones that reads;

N1B 4YU and
NIB 4AQ
(I have no clue if this a date or model code)

I have no clue what year this cab is, but there is a green sheen in the black tolex and although the grill cloth has been painted black, on the inside it's wheat/black striped... Perhas late 60's/early seventies?

Here are the sellers pic.