VHT Standard 18 Combo Clone

Make it loud here.
HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

VHT Standard 18 Combo Clone

Post by HNB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:17 pm

I wanted a tube amp to record on my desktop that had a 12" speaker and found this clone online.

This is from the listing:
This is amp is identical to the VHT Standard 18 Combo except the the speaker is a Celestion Creamback G12H-75 and the power transformer was upgraded to a Classic Tone transformer. The other parts were sourced from VHT in California. The amp was solidly assembled and works perfectly.

The VHT Standard 18 was originally modeled after the Marshall 1974x without the tremolo and with a treble-mid-bass tone control instead. The amp also has a master volume. Studying the rest of the schematic shows that, except for these changes, the amps are virtually identical. With the amp for sale here, the speaker is also different from the Marshall 1974x. Like the 1974x, this amp is hand wired.
Both channels are actually really good from playing around with it yesterday. Even though channel 1 only has a single tone pot, it has a really good range. The second channel is more adjustable with the three EQ pots. Master volume is tied to both channels. I was drawn to this because these don't have circuit boards, they are more like old school as far as construction. Also I like the speaker in it. Also it was really affordable and looks good. :) It is pretty big and takes up more space than I would like, but it is super cool. (It is almost as big cabinet wise as my Twin.... (but not as heavy.. LOL))

Here are pics of it on my desk now. :D

ImageIMG_20210618_205800 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20210619_141008 by Christopher Louck, on Flickr
Christopher
Lilith Guitars