Output transformer how to connect the pins?

Make it loud here.
Micante
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Output transformer how to connect the pins?

Post by Micante » Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 am

Guys,
I have a fender champion 600 that i purcahsed some time ago, it was modded by the previois owner and i m trying to get everything back to stock.
I m just leaving the eq controls because i like that part.
Anyway, i have a little problem now, i have disconnected the pins from both the power and output transformers, now, i can see from the pictures i found on the internet hot to put those back in their places except for 2 couple of wires which share the same colour, 2 red and 2 green to be precise. On the schematic and on the board of the amp circuit i can reed j9 and j10, j13 and j14, they all come from the output transformer. I have no idea how to understand what wire is what. There is no indication on the wire pins or the transformer. I do i sort this out?

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Output transformer how to connect the pins?

Post by øøøøøøø » Wed May 05, 2021 5:17 pm

I assume you're talking about the power transformer with the red pair and green pair?

Typically, green is for filaments and red is for high voltage (B+, or plate voltage)

This is convention, but I cannot say for sure whether that holds true on your amp as I've not ever been inside one of those.

It's likely that documentation exists somewhere, but if you're at all uncertain, it's probably best to take it to someone qualified rather than making guesses (even educated guesses) unless you're prepared to write the whole amp off.

Micante
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Micante » Thu May 06, 2021 11:29 am

Sorry, the power transformer is what i meant.
Anyway, there must be a way to understand which of those is j9 and so the others.
I know how to work safetly.
Even the transformer should have a schematic, doesn t it?
Thank you for your support by the way.

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by øøøøøøø » Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Can you post some detailed photos of what you're working with?