Monoprice amp

Make it loud here.
kdanie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Monoprice amp

Post by kdanie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:45 pm

I just got myself a Monoprice 15w tube amp for my birthday. I have hardly touched a guitar in the past 3 years... I realized I was a little depressed and uninspired to pick one up- depressed because my best friend died Feb '17, some say he was "just a dog" but to me he was MUCH more. Uninspired because the Line6 is.... well, uninspiring. I have 10 guitars, all different but through the Line6 they all sounded pretty much the same. HB or single coil didn't make much difference. JM/Tele/strat/p90/jag... pretty much all the same. After seeing a few demos I thought I would give one a try. Got a decent deal at about $220 shipped.

The bad news is my guitars are 500 miles away.. I may get back there after the new year, otherwise it will be spring before I can try it out. I know some people have had problems with them so it's a risk but I'm looking fwd to picking up a guitar again.

ken
Life is an adventure, not something to be suffered through. Don't like your life? FIX it!

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Monoprice amp

Post by Tafarel » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:00 am

The singer in my band picked up a Monoprice amp for about the same amount of dosh, so he could leave his main amp at our rehearsal space and use the Monoprice at home. He seems pretty pleased with it and even used it for recording a few songs on our cd.

I listened to it and am pretty surprised by how good it actually sounds. I hope you get your guitars soon; I can't imagine not having them around.

I am sorry to hear about your best friend. When they go they leave a hole in our hearts that can never be filled, just distracted from. Take care.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."

parry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by parry » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:14 am

Sorry to hear about you losing your friend, Ken.
It doesn't matter how many legs or fur - it's never easy.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

kdanie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kdanie » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 am

Thanks, Once you have lived with a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.

I'm really looking fwd to playing again for the first time in a long time.

ken
Life is an adventure, not something to be suffered through. Don't like your life? FIX it!

kdanie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kdanie » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:12 am

A couple weeks ago I made a trip to the house in the woods & was able to fire this thing up. It sounds great but I'm a little disappointed with the reverb. The spring tank is only about 8" long... it doesn't seem to really do much for the sound at all. I plugged in the spring tank from my SurfyBear reverb which is about 5" longer- that worked much better. I might install a different tank one of these days if I can find one that fits in the cabinet-the SurfyBear tank is just a bit too long to fit inside.

It's a great option for an inexpensive tube amp.

ken

kdanie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kdanie » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:26 am

One more thing... I THOUGHT it had a headphone plug but it doesn't so I won't be able to use it much until I become a much better player.

ken