Fender Mustang Micro

Make it loud here.
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Fender Mustang Micro

Post by Trout » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 am

Seen a couple of YT videos but it seems to be out of stock everywhere ( in Sweden anyway). Has anyone tried it?
#sitdownrock at https://staffanandersson.bandcamp.com/album/det-hemliga-namnet

SkiffleHanded
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Mustang Micro

Post by SkiffleHanded » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:08 pm

I own it and like it. I think you always lose something with headphones instead of playing through the speaker of an amp, but this thing does make a lot of pretty convincing sounds. If you must use headphones this is a very good option. I probably would recommend most new players get it because you won't annoy anyone with your playing and it'll let you experiment with some cool amp styles and effects for dirt cheap.

Powdered Toast Man
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Powdered Toast Man » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:55 am

I have one. Is it dead on convincing? No. It still kinda has that inherent "headphone" tone that you always hear with DI type systems. However it does sound pretty good. What I LOVE about it is the bluetooth connectivity. So I can play any audio off my phone and it comes through the Mustang and I can play along with it. It's great for jamming at night when others in the house are asleep or when I'm in the process of learning a song and want to play the same part over 16 times and I don't want to have the whole house hear how much I suck. I have also found them useful to take along when buying a used guitar in order to test it out when meeting a seller in a public location.

Note that I have also plugged it into the out end of my pedalboard and played with it that way too. So I can work with my own effects and sounds.

For the price point, the upsides definitely outweigh the limitations. It's got a lot of sounds and you can usually find something workable. It's a good supplemental guitar accessory. Like a guitar stand or string winder.

Dollywitch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dollywitch » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 am

I'd recommend checking out the NUX Mighty Plug as an option also