Any Victory Amps fans/users?

Make it loud here.
stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Any Victory Amps fans/users?

Post by stevejamsecono » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:50 pm

I've been following these for a fair bit and just found out they have a dealer on Long Island. I'm equally intrigued by the V40, VC35, and RK50 offerings they have as different as they are, but intend to give them all a fair go to see if they are for me.

Anyone use any of their stuff? I've heard nothing but good things so far and the lunchbox format is still pretty helpful given gigging in Brooklyn.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any Victory Amps fans/users?

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:32 pm

i've tried a few when they've been handed to me in guitar shops. i think the nicest thing i'll say is they're not for me. they didn't sound bad..... but you can tell they were designed with higher output pickups in mind.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm

Spent some time with a V30, V50, and VX (is this Music Zoo you're talking about? that's where I tried them). They sounded nice, but really dark for some reason, which I normally wouldn't expect out of a cab with Vintage 30s. I'd actually say they would probably have been better with some lower output pickups that what was in the guitars I ran into them, because they felt a little choked at the input if anything.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm
Spent some time with a V30, V50, and VX (is this Music Zoo you're talking about? that's where I tried them). They sounded nice, but really dark for some reason, which I normally wouldn't expect out of a cab with Vintage 30s. I'd actually say they would probably have been better with some lower output pickups that what was in the guitars I ran into them, because they felt a little choked at the input if anything.
Yeah Music Zoo is the spot alright. Right now I'm using an AC15 and although it loves my Highway 1 Telecaster it's less cooperative with my Yamaha SL and SBG. Also since it weighs a fair bit I'd rather have a head I can just lug to gigs with backline cabs.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS