hard case for Jazzmaster?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
nervepylon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

hard case for Jazzmaster?

Post by nervepylon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:02 pm

...just wanna know where i can find a good and reliable case that will fit  my 62JM AVRI...hope you can help me..
...i was a moment that quickly passed...

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: hard case for Jazzmaster?

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Did your AVRI not come with the syandard case> If not, I like the G&G cases that are made for Fender. These would be the same ones that AVRIs come with straight from the factory. I prefer the higher end models that have a steel handle (versus the plastic on the basic one). They all work real well though and fit perfectly. There is usually a seller on eBay who has white ones with black ends for pretty decent prices.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

nervepylon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by nervepylon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:42 am

i love sharin foo wrote: Did your AVRI not come with the syandard case> If not, I like the G&G cases that are made for Fender. These would be the same ones that AVRIs come with straight from the factory. I prefer the higher end models that have a steel handle (versus the plastic on the basic one). They all work real well though and fit perfectly. There is usually a seller on eBay who has white ones with black ends for pretty decent prices.

Justin
...yeah it comes with a standard case but the interior sucks and i'm afraid it will not protect my JM if i travel with it..

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:00 am

My standard recommendation for unkillable cases is the Hiscox case .. I don't have any for Jazzmasters, but they do make them (actually Jag cases, that will fit a JM with a slight squeeze I believe).

I do have a Hiscox case for an LP and one for a P bass. You can literally stand on them without causing any deformation - the guy who sold me my LP case made me do it. I'd never try that with a flat Fender case.

Only problem is they're made in the UK, so with the exchange rate you might find them expensive if you're in the US.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 pm

I once got very lucky buying a copy tweed case unseen on e-bay (must be my only e-bay purchase ever) and I didn't even know that Jazzmasters don't fit in a regular case, until a friend of mine told me so...(and this was after I bought the case, but it hadn't arrived) so when it did a ran as fast as I could to get my JM and the case fitted like a glove...and it was only 50 bucks (including shipping) this was a few years back. When I recently purchased a second JM a wanted another case....hard to find if you don't want to spend a fortune on a case....so I got a bag for it. (again a bargain for 10 buck....)
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:50 am

I have a Gibson gig bag for a Les Paul, and my Jazzmasters fit in it just perfectly, which is weird since Fenders are longer scale than LPs and JMs are longer than most Fenders anyway.

???

8)
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

JazzBrew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBrew » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:04 pm

I bought a G&G/Fender Jazzmaster case on ebay from a dealer.  It's a lefty, of course, but maybe they can find a righty, too.  The dealer is Guitar Parts Resource in Ohio.

nervepylon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by nervepylon » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:09 pm

...thanks everyone for the advice... :)

Ahahah
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ahahah » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:58 pm

nervepylon wrote: ...thanks everyone for the advice... :)
http://www.thomann.de/fr/harley_bentonf ... guitar.htm

Or

http://www.thomann.de/fr/harley_benton_ ... guitar.htm

(prices in €, don't know if they import that in Northern America)

Find cheaper for new (meaning not second hand) ATA format flight cases, on send us the link quickly. I recently bought one of these (the aluminium version) : they are just the thing... Trouble is, I never tried to put an Offset in there, that was for one of my Teles... Check carefully the inner dimension (I can't right now, I'm @ the office...)
Last edited by Ahahah on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:19 am

I agree with Mezcalhead, the Hiscox cases are bulletproof. I've done a lot of travelling with my acoustic in one, and it's well solid.

I have an AVRI too, and I was a little apprehensive about flying with it in the vintage-style case. We had to fly to a gig last week and I put it in the hold, but it came home without so much as a scratch to the case (and I actually saw it getting some bad knocks while it was being handled)...

hope this helps.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

nervepylon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by nervepylon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:42 pm

chrisjedijane wrote: I agree with Mezcalhead, the Hiscox cases are bulletproof. I've done a lot of travelling with my acoustic in one, and it's well solid.

I have an AVRI too, and I was a little apprehensive about flying with it in the vintage-style case. We had to fly to a gig last week and I put it in the hold, but it came home without so much as a scratch to the case (and I actually saw it getting some bad knocks while it was being handled)...

hope this helps.
....do you know where i can buy those hiscox case here in the u.s.?...and will my JM fits on the hiscox JAG case?...

...thanks for the help..i really appreciate it..:)

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:52 pm

http://www.hiscoxcases.com/g_stn.htm

try that - check out the dimensions, and see if your Jazzmaster will fit. You could try sending them an email, I'm sure they get people asking about it every now and again. That site also tells you where to get them :)
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

nervepylon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by nervepylon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:00 pm

chrisjedijane wrote: http://www.hiscoxcases.com/g_stn.htm

try that - check out the dimensions, and see if your Jazzmaster will fit. You could try sending them an email, I'm sure they get people asking about it every now and again. That site also tells you where to get them :)
...thanks for the help again dude! cheers!:)