Re: Warmoth Gallery offsets

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Mad-Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mad-Mike » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:42 am

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Mad-Mike wrote:

As for Meedly Meedly Meeeee......no need for Hums and a Floyd to do that, I use this, between clean and distorted it's hard to believe it's the same guitar.

Uuummmm...Aren't those single-coil sized rails humbuckers? :-\  Sure look like 'em to me...
No offense intended, but those look like SD hot rails strat PU's to me.
Lol, Hums yeah, Hum type tone, nope.  The output level is between the single coil sized Jaguar Vintage SD reissue pickups and the single coil HOT for Jaguar. THe humbucking effect is pretty much useless on a Jag IMHO because of all the sheilding.  I would be using stock pickups if it would not cost me $95 to put them in there (which was the original idea, I thought the cool rails were going to be TOO hot as the shop I bought it from mistook them as "hot rails" as well).  After plugging in, I decided it sounded like a jaguar at least to the point that it was totally moot to replace em' with "stock" Jag pickups.  Jaguar pickups are really, in general design, not much different from strat pickups, and are slightly higher output. 

So basically, the only reason I use em' is that Jaguar pickups would not make enough of a change to matter.  I played a 63' before I bought this one sight unseen and I just don't see the point in replacing pickups just to have them look like Jaguar pickups.  If the sound's there, who cares what they look like.  That was my point, my bad, I probably should have written the background info on it.
It's Me

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:45 am

The rails look cool anyway, especially with the claws :D
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:26 am

Mad-Mike wrote:
RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Mad-Mike wrote:

As for Meedly Meedly Meeeee......no need for Hums and a Floyd to do that, I use this, between clean and distorted it's hard to believe it's the same guitar.

Uuummmm...Aren't those single-coil sized rails humbuckers? :-\   Sure look like 'em to me...
No offense intended, but those look like SD hot rails strat PU's to me.
Lol, Hums yeah, Hum type tone, nope.  The output level is between the single coil sized Jaguar Vintage SD reissue pickups and the single coil HOT for Jaguar. THe humbucking effect is pretty much useless on a Jag IMHO because of all the sheilding.  I would be using stock pickups if it would not cost me $95 to put them in there (which was the original idea, I thought the cool rails were going to be TOO hot as the shop I bought it from mistook them as "hot rails" as well).  After plugging in, I decided it sounded like a jaguar at least to the point that it was totally moot to replace em' with "stock" Jag pickups.  Jaguar pickups are really, in general design, not much different from strat pickups, and are slightly higher output. 

So basically, the only reason I use em' is that Jaguar pickups would not make enough of a change to matter.  I played a 63' before I bought this one sight unseen and I just don't see the point in replacing pickups just to have them look like Jaguar pickups.  If the sound's there, who cares what they look like.  That was my point, my bad, I probably should have written the background info on it.

Still looks cool.  And I love SD pickups anyway!  It's definitely one of a kind.  The claws look cool with those pu's too!
Damn kids, get off my lawn!