Re: your effects setup?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:41 pm

at the moment my setup is:

fender t100 tuner>CryBaby classic wah>ibanez TS9>black Sovtek Big Muff>Danelectro Hot tuna>line6 DM4....

...everything fixed in a..CHIANTI WINE BOX!!!

I'll put a pic when I'll buy a beringher UT100 (octaver) and a multipedal power supply..I hope soon, very soon..I got not too much money at the moment, I'm an architecture student at the university of Florence!! I'm POOOOOOR!!! :(

Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:04 pm

Here's the collection, hanging out on the studio floor:

Since I haven't been playing live lately, there's no set signal chain for me.  It's always Gizmodic Labs around here.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Here's my typical setup as of late:
Boss TU-2 Tuner => ProCo "Vintage" Rat => Boss OD-3 Overdrive => Maxon PT-999 Phaser => Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay

I also have a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory that I'm trying to work into the chain.

There's a box full of crap that I never use, too.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

AMILCAR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AMILCAR » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:37 pm

this is my live pedalboard ,i use little effects ,i play mostly clean ,but i use the voodoolab od ,because is really like having more gain from the amp wiyhout freaking up the natural sound ...,the tremolo is very warm too ,the vb-2 always got people asking for it ,the flanger i use it  like some sort of leslie or a really freky sound after tweaking the trimpots ..., the small stone is an old friend ...and the ibanez delay ,well it was cheap and fits exactly inthe room i has in the board !
all of this into the fender 75 ,it has a 15 inch speaker ,so the jaguar sounds almost toofat sometimes ...
these i have lying around ,the maestro is an awesome phaser ! ,the er 1 EH  is really primitive and cool ...
seee you guys

AMILCAR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AMILCAR » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:39 pm

er... click to enlarge the photos in my previous posts ... :P

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:58 pm

At first glance I thought the Maestro Phaser was some sort of Atari controller ??? but I've since figured it out.  :D
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

thevial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thevial » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:21 pm

i've got a sloppy picture soemwhere but it's not pretty. i'm running in signal order:

vox valvetone overdrive, vox clyde wah, boss ds-1, boss dd-5, moogerfooger MuRF, boss RV-3, fender '63 reissue reverb tank, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Danelectro Dan-Echo.

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:40 pm

Here's the "big board" part 1

and part 2

I made a "short board" the ohter night, pretty much everything except the fuzz and Ring mod, but it looks itsy bitsy...
I prefer their older stuff.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:00 pm

I see you have the ibanez FZ-7 too - it's my noisemaker of choice at the moment :D
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:57 pm

Yeah I can actually use it, too, in an almost pleasent sense, unlike the balls-out sickness of say, a fender blender.
I prefer their older stuff.

dc
Expat
Expat

Post by dc » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:54 pm

first off, i want to say that i will never get tired of this thread. i find it infinitely fascinating to see how everyone's creativity manifests itself in their choice and combination of pedals. you get lots of ideas and insights from the discussion, and you know, there's something reaffirmingly egalitarian about seeing, say, a Z-Vex and a Danelectro Mini in the same pedal chain. that's just too cool!

i also love all the pictures -- keep 'em coming! i'd post one of my own, but my girlfriend lost the cord to the digital camera. so, old school:

Jazzmaster => Big Muff => Fulltone FD2 => Ibanez UE-405 analog multi-FX (in order: CP9 compressor, parametric EQ, AD9 delay, [external FX loop with Ibanez DM1100 digital delay], CS 9 chorus) => Orange Crush 30 amp.

that's the basic set-up. i'm planning to add a Loopmaster somewhere in the chain, so i can access a few of my noisier modulation pedals, inc. a Dano tremolo, an EHX Polychorus, and an old Ibanez 9-series phaser. and someday get a real amp.

also one of these days (when i have some money again), i want to do a separate rig for my Rickenbacker: Janglebox, an overdrive of some sort, and a Deluxe Memory Man. something really simple.
in the coldest night / huddled 'round the dying embers

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:21 am

dc wrote: Ibanez UE-405 analog multi-FX
:-*

I used to own one of these. I so wish I'd never sold it.

:'(
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

dc
Expat
Expat

Post by dc » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:18 am

>>Ibanez UE-405 analog multi-FX

>I used to own one of these. I so wish I'd never sold it.

sshhh! don't say that out loud, or you might get a retroactive bill from the moderator! the rules clearly state: "all gear transactions past, present and future, including those which you conducted before you actually signed up for this forum, and after you are no longer affiliated with it; those conducted in private arrangements with your friends, neighbors, bandmates, lover or spouse, or with stores and businesses not affiliated with this forum;  and/or transactions  that you're simply thinking about but have yet to actually mention to another living soul, will be subject to a forum convenience fee."

oh wait....that was another forum.....never mind.....  ;D

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:14 pm

Here's mine. Pics to follow:

Guitar -->
Dunlop Crybaby classic (the one with Fasel inductors - sweet as) -->
Boss PH-2 Phaser -->
EHX USA RI Big Muff -->
ProCo RAT II (Keeley modded) -->
Boss TR-2 Tremolo -->
Boss DM-2 Delay -->
EHX Holy Grail reverb -->
Amp

I have a 1973 Colorsound Wah/swell as well, which has the nicest sound, but it needs overhauling badly.

dc
Expat
Expat

Post by dc » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:10 pm

so is anyone using an FX setup for their Bass VI? i've had reasonable success approximating a Cure-y sound with my Jaguar Baritone VI with this setup:

VI => Presonus Blue Max compressor => Ibanez HD1500 digital delay => Dano Cool Cat chorus => Fender bass amp.

wondering if others do likewise, or you VI devotees are all straight-to-amp players.