AVRI Surf Green = Brown Shell pickguard?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: AVRI Surf Green = Brown Shell pickguard?

Post by Felix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:58 am

Who Ran The Iron Horse? wrote: I think my Squier Telecaster is in Surf Green, and it has an aged white guard. I only really appreciated it recently, it was just "the nasty duck egg blue one". Now I quite like it, especially once it got set up and restrung, and cleaned.

By the way, if I take OTM to be Ocean Turquoise, what's the M? Metallic?
Yes, that's the way I've seen it abbreviated more than half the time. I'm not sure where the metallic look really is--seen it in person, yet to notice it. I have seen many, on this forum and others, simply write it as "OT," though I'm not sure which is official.
But that being said, Ocean Turquoise is my next color--thinking jaguar though. It looks so good with the mint guard--

I'd be torn, though, as I would like to keep it stock, yet I wouldn't mind a nice red tort guard to really give it the look.
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:59 pm

Felix wrote:
Who Ran The Iron Horse? wrote: I think my Squier Telecaster is in Surf Green, and it has an aged white guard. I only really appreciated it recently, it was just "the nasty duck egg blue one". Now I quite like it, especially once it got set up and restrung, and cleaned.

Yes, that's the way I've seen it abbreviated more than half the time. I'm not sure where the metallic look really is--seen it in person, yet to notice it. I have seen many, on this forum and others, simply write it as "OT," though I'm not sure which is official.
But that being said, Ocean Turquoise is my next color--thinking jaguar though. It looks so good with the mint guard--

I'd be torn, though, as I would like to keep it stock, yet I wouldn't mind a nice red tort guard to really give it the look.
I thought OTM was "Other than Mexican" like in the movie "Born in East LA!"

Image  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Felix wrote: They discontinued the IBM option. It makes me think that it is time to buy the OTM before it is discontinued as well.
I got mine :D

and it is most definitely metallic.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Felix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:04 pm

chrisjedijane wrote:
Felix wrote: They discontinued the IBM option. It makes me think that it is time to buy the OTM before it is discontinued as well.
I got mine :D

and it is most definitely metallic.
:(
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox

batchainpuller
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by batchainpuller » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:19 pm

NickH wrote: Not mine, but one in a shop near me. But this has the standard mint guard. Tort would look so good :? :?

n.

Ring Music perhaps?

Felix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Felix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Felix wrote:

I thought OTM was "Other than Mexican" like in the movie "Born in East LA!"

Image  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
One of Leo's many secrets. :)
"That's just Dorian"
- Dr. Cox