Re: Oooh, ooh! -- CIJ Jazzmaster in CAR on the way

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Oooh, ooh! -- CIJ Jazzmaster in CAR on the way

Post by DB » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Oooh, ooh! I've got a CIJ Jazzmaster in CAR on the way.

Long story, but I have a twin brother who plays guitar, and I'm primarily a bass player. I had a Jim English baritone 30" scale that I "traded" him for a Ric 360/12. Sort of a soft trade, meaning we could trade back if we wanted to.

Well, his new band is going on the theme "All Petty, All the Time", so I arranged another trade with him for a CIJ JM in CAR that he has. I've got to give back the Ric 360/12, but I've got an XII inspired project in the works that would be a replacement for that.  The JM should be here the week of Jan 8.  I'll post pics when I get it. 

Here's his email to me:

"You rat bastard!  My CAR/CIJ Fender Jazzmaster? Let me think about it....... the Jazzmaster would not really be needed in either band. The Ric 360/12, on the other hand,  is so essential to the Petty gig that I will just 'Breakdown' and do it.  'I Need To Know' that you'd take care of it, because 'You Don't Know How It Feels' to give that thing up for the Ric. It would be better if you were "An American Girl', but I'd be "Runnin Down A Dream' in "The Great Wide Open' for that opportunity to come my way, so let's do it."

Mods I have in mind are a tort guard (I"m really liking Tort on Red lately), and upgrading the pickups to Novaks.  This look would be really cool:

index.php?topic=1496.0

This JM will add to my current family of offsets:

- Jaguar Baritone in Surf Green with mint guard
- Jaguar Bass in Hot Rod Red, matching HS, and mint guard
- Bass VI 2006 CS Limtied in sunburst with tort guard
- Bass VI 1995 Japanese reissue (currently disassembled for refin - thinking Ocean Turquoise with matching HS)
- XII inspired custom in the works...

I can't wait to get the JM!  And it's in CAR, but no matching HS. And it's Japanese.  But still cool.

All you JM lovers should let me know what I should plan on doing to it.

DB
Last edited by DB on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV, V, VI, XII...

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 am

so when you and your brother are together in the same room, are you 2dB louder ?
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DB » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:21 am

sookwinder wrote: so when you and your brother are together in the same room, are you 2dB louder ?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)
IV, V, VI, XII...